NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pics where I fixed my car! here they are, i will post as many as i can, but i took about 12-14 pictures. i will put a couple up of the car beforei had the body parts fixed.

So tell me what you think of my new pics. the first two are some close ups before i had my car fixed. The problems that I had fixed were: both bumpers, the front engine hood had a big dent in it from a minor accident, grill (one side was stuck out), left running board was scratched up. :D

·
Banned
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i lvoe it too. the front window isnt tinted yet, but i wanted it done when i did tint the windows a year ago. but, i havent because even now, its all gross close up. semi-truck damage from rocks and things. that'll prob be my next expense. (plus camera for photography class in college...eerie..ugh).

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
crazi_daisy said:
snip...... (plus camera for photography class in college...eerie..ugh).

Ooo! Another Photographer! Cool! :cool: Be sure to visit the Photography forum here! :cool: :D

Your NB looks good!

Is your left headlight about to fall out though?:(

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Did you resurrect this New Beetle? In the first pic, it looks beat... :( But the next ones look so much better! :)

I was gonna ask too: Is the headlight not seated? It has a big gap, that I'm sure you noticed. Is it related to the condition in the first pic? :(

Have fun with your New Beetle. :party: And, Welcome to the Org! :wave3:

·
Banned
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes, i have definately noticed the gap in the left headlight. since i bought my used car, 1 1/2 years ago, 3 headlights have burned out and everytime they say its hard to get the headlight back in it. as in the headlight assembly. everyone has said that has lookd at it that there is a catch or something inside the assembly that's broken off or stretched one. so the llight doesnt fit exactly as it should. when i drive, it looks as if the lights are pointing toward the left.

i took my car to vw dealership for them to fix the lock problem i had before, and their computer blew up my cars' computer, so in a way i got it resuurected. i bought it used. the dents in the first two pictures, are mostly from where i accidently rearended someone. yeah it was bad, the headlight has always been, unfixed. under my car engine hood, the whole front end looks off centerd, but that could be optical illusion. it was previously ownded, i bought it from a used car dealership in ashland, ky.

i think my windows are tinted at 7% ? i'm not sure, but its not dark enoug ht okeep the sun rays out. the sunvisors in beetels are no way near big enough.

when i had the tinting done, i didntk know what tint to get, so i got whatever most ky residents get, i think its 7 or 12 ? something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts