NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am making a website about my beetle and need some help. i know some of you here are going to have these answers for me!

i am looking for some information about the history of the new beetle. i found a little writeup on wikipedia, but it's not much. i need this history to be online though as i want to link to it for my "links and resources" section.

i am also looking for other informational sites (much like this one) about the new beetle. i've got this one linked, vwvortex and thesamba (for old beetles).

any information you guy and gals can come up with would be great. i've been scouring the internet for new beetle history via google and it's hard to find!

thanks in advance! :goodjob:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
was also wondering if there's a comprehensive list of model updates for the new beetle anywhere around here on the org. you know, in this year VW added the different rear view mirrors, etc. in 2003, they added the cabriolet, yadda yadda. maybe something that includes pricing, too.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
OOOOH! that does help! thank you! :kiss:
you're quite welcome dear! Check it out..i edited my post.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks amy! those really helped me out!

i am also looking for comprehensive list of years, updates, colors available, etc. i am finding some things on the old forums through the news section. i keep seeing references to vwvortex, but i can't find anything there. i've seen some of those "official changes" per year threads on the old org, but they're incomplete.

anyone?

·
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
thanks amy! those really helped me out!

i am also looking for comprehensive list of years, updates, colors available, etc. i am finding some things on the old forums through the news section. i keep seeing references to vwvortex, but i can't find anything there.

anyone?
Wolfsburgwest.com

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/colors/colorchrt.cfm For the OB's

·
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
very cool, but i'm looking for new beetle stuff. :D
oooh sowwy!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CyberGreenBaby said:
oooh sowwy!
no problem! i've already used two of the links you've sent me for my website! i shall pay you in tortilla chips for your hard work and friendliness! :p

·
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
no problem! i've already used two of the links you've sent me for my website! i shall pay you in tortilla chips for your hard work and friendliness! :p
mmm tortilla chips! I'll be sure to have some salsa on hand!
You know, not too long ago I was searching for a list of NB colors..actually I think when I got my nb. They never told me and I didn't know that the color of my NB was anything more than "lime green" until I searched the org for the 1st time.
It's hard to find info like that for some reason!
I'll be looking out for ya Erin and I'll be sure to post it if I find anything! :goodjob:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CyberGreenBaby said:
I'll be looking out for ya Erin and I'll be sure to post it if I find anything! :goodjob:
thanks girl. i am surprised how hard it is to locate that kind of data. me being anal and all, i want a list of every year (1998 - 2006) with official changes, specs, colors offered, limited and special editions, etc. maybe i can write VW. HA! i laugh!

of course there's tons of stuff on old beetles (like on thesamba), but with the NBs, it's hard to come by. i am finding bits and pieces on the .org's old forums, but it's a lot of work. and there's nothing to be found on vwvortex.com, either that or i just can't find it. grrrr! i should write jeff croft and see if he knows...

·
18,312 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 22 Posts