NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a photography forum, so let's have some critiques!

I'll start with two photos I took at my school, FIU, the other day. These were semi point-and-shoot, that is, I took no more than a few seconds to frame the photos. I later some cropping, and color/contrast adjustments.

FYI: The camera is a Fujifilm FinePix E550 6.3MP camera set to a "virtual" 12MP size (IOW the originals are poster size!)

·
Registered
566 Posts
The first picture is good but lacks a bit of interest. Something to think about nest time is maybe turning the camera to the vertical position to get all of the bike in the shot. This I think would have also goven the veiwer a more complete picture.

The second picture is very well done. Good composition by using the rule of thirds and also the chair is looking into the picture as if it were looking for someone to have sit in it.

Not bad for quick snap shots.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
How did you post this and I not see it? :D

First shot...I am going to go opposite of Photo's recommendation of going vert and wider. I would crop even tighter and leave just a tad bit of the actual bike in the shot. That way, at first glance, you know what it is, but something is still a bit weird about the photo. Then your eye would scan the image and finally rest on the darker parts of the tire and pedal. Something like this:

Attachments

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Then your second shot, I like the idea, but the thing that stopped me was the tree seemed to be a part of the chair. (Not literally of course, but at first glance it appeared that way.)

I think this quick photoshop works a little bit better. (Not much better, but just enough to seperate the tree and the chair)

Don't take this as me trying to tell you how to shoot photo's. It's just my opinion, and if you don't agree with what I say, more power to you! I respect that!

You have a good start so far! :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
For a photo class shot the second shot is good but jdesigns has it right. I would also go a little farther and make sure that all of the chair was contrasted with sunlit bright green grass while trying to get rid of the business of the upper left corner. Very good photos What were your thoughts when you were shooting the chair, and what were your thoughts after you saw it in print?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts