NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving to Kentucky from Middle Tennessee. Any time I am on the open road I like to use my cruise control. Well after about a minute is disengages. Hmmm....well that's weird. Tried it again a bit later, same thing happend. Tried it a couple more times over the 2.5 hours drive and no success, sometimes the CC wouldnt engage at all.

Driving home from Kentucky tried it and there were no issues at all, worked great.

What can cause an intermittent issue like this? It wouldnt kill me if the CC ceased to function but if it is something simple I may be able to fix it myself.

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now the cruise control doesnt work at all AND the high beams only come on when you pull the stick towards you but not when you push it towards the dash to make the high beams stay on.

Could this be a wiring problem of a fuse issue?

·
Insert clever epithet
58 Posts
Wiring issue is more likely, in that case. That sounds like classic behavior for a bad wire/solder connection: it works progressively less as the connection degrades.

I don't have a shop manual with me, but I doubt the lights and the cruise control are on the same fuse.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
I leave my cruise switch in the on position 99% of the time; however the cruise on all of my NB's "goes out" occasionally, so this is what I do.

I turn it off for the remainder of that trip. The next time I drive it, I turn the cruise on after I have started the car and then it works, until the next time it goes out and I repeat the process. I goes out once or twice a year.

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odd little cars, that's for sure. I will go ahead & try the turning the CC off for a while. I wont be driving on the highway until Wednesday anyway.

I leave my cruise switch in the on position 99% of the time; however the cruise on all of my NB's "goes out" occasionally, so this is what I do.

I turn it off for the remainder of that trip. The next time I drive it, I turn the cruise on after I have started the car and then it works, until the next time it goes out and I repeat the process. I goes out once or twice a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts