VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Flower child
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been/thought about going to Cruising the Coast event? I've been a few times since I live close by. It's pretty cool. Lots of classic cars, crazy cars, music, beaches, food, etc. It's in October, so there's plenty of time to plan ahead.

Cruisin' The Coast

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
That is a Huge Show!

Nurse Diesel and I met on a Blind Date in Biloxi. She was from Florida and I was from Texas. Biloxi was half way. We got married 4 months later in October. We have celebrated our anniversary on the Gulf Coast a couple of times and this show brings the entire coast, from Gulfport to Biloxi, to a standstill! It is a huge affair!

We were in a restaurant and over heard a couple negotiating to sell their classic something or other for in excess of $250,000.00! For a car!

This show is something to be seen at least once if you are an old car buff. It's kinda like "Bike Week" for old cars!

The conflict for us is that we are going to do the New Beetle trip on the Talimena Scenic Drive GTG in Oklahoma and Missouri that same weekend. That trip is getting close to a dozen New Beetles now and is one of the up and coming NB GTGs in the country. I can see it joining the ranks of Roswell and TOD in the next couple years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Father and I used to go every year when i still lived in MS. (Starkville, he lives in Sardis)

I havn't been in years though. Good to hear its become a big deal again. I thought it had slowed down after Katrina, and never really checked to see if it came back together. It was by far the premier event in this area of the country to go see classics, and some sweet motorcycles too.

·
Flower child
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a nice story! I bet the Cruisin' folks would like to know about that. I like to go and hang out with friends. I prefer to check out the not-so-fancy (aka expensive) classic cars - the street rods, but I love my NB and wouldn't trade it for anything! Congrats to you and your wife. Have a great time in St. Louis. :)

·
Flower child
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Pendragon, Cruising kinda was slow the first year or so after Katrina, but it has come back bigger than ever! I hope you get to make it down here someday to see it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts