NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a new HU and 2 door speakers and 2 rear panel speakers into my beetle. I am also adding a Sound Ordinance B-8PT powered sub. Crutchfield's says they don't have speakers for the front doors as they are woofers with the Monsoon system. My question is what have people purchased from Crutchfield's to fit in the front door without modifications. I plan on keeping the monsoon and for the bass I plan on adding a sub. Can I put 2 way 6-1/2's in my front door (same speakers as back panels?) WITH the Monsoon and if so, what are some suggestions for speakers that fit? They say that the Monsoon system only plays bass frequencies to the door speakers. How will that sound with 2 ways in the doors?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Door speaker sizes and types

Has anybody put new speakers in their front doors who are still using the Monsoon amp?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I know those guys at Crutchfield are really really good and they know the proper application for each and every car.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
When I bought my beetle only the dash speakers were working, turns out someone installed aftermarket speakers in the door and rear panels, they were blown. Monsoon requires 2 ohm speakers and they had installed 4 ohm speakers. I bought some used monsoon speakers for $50, installed them and all is good now. You can use the crutchfield online advisor and they will offer suggestions based upon your requirements ($, quality, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts