NewBeetle.org Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Timmy, i'd update your first post and add the newer pics, video install and pricing as well.

I hope you're ready for this item blowing up! It's a HIT!!!
Thanks for the suggestion and Done, first post updated:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd buy one too if I could figure out how to make it go in my '05. I hate the cupholders!

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I'd buy one too if I could figure out how to make it go in my '05. I hate the cupholders!
Sorry:rolleyes:
You are not the first to say this. I'm looking into something for the 2001.5 through 2005 style consoe.

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Since I'm trying to sell these I have started a thread in the "parts and accessories" forum. You can find that thread here http://newbeetle.org/forums/parts-accessories/46090-fs-custom-cup-holder-99-01-5-nb.html#post685113

I've had a good many inquiries about a similar mod for the 2001.5 - 2005 style console. My problem is that I do not have that style console to work it out on. Does anyone have any detailed pics of this style console? Mainly the cup holder and maybe a console taken apart so I could see how the swing out cup holder mounts. Or know where I can find some detailed pics on line.
I don't want to have to go out and buy a console to do this on.
Does anyone have a broken one that I could get from them?

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Very nice! They look like quality! :)

If you come up with a fix for the 2002+ swivel cupholders, I will be interested. :eek:

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

If you come up with a fix for the 2002+ swivel cupholders, I will be interested. :eek:
Thank you,
I went to some local junk yards Friday and found a 2002 console that I'm planing on going back to get so I can fabricate one for the 2001.5 - 2005 s.

I did get a chance to look at it in depth and it looks like there will be no problem making one. I should have more details in a few days.

I also was able to get a section of a broken cream console to match a vinyl for the cup holder. It is slightly off ( a little lighter) but looks like it will work well.

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

If you don't mind me asking, What is the major problem with the swing out cup holders?

Do they break easily??

Or do they have too much leverage when swung out and come unclipped from the console??

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Sorry I haven't had much time to work on finishing the mod for the '02+ cup holders with the holidays and family stuff LOL

Is there any real interest in a mod for these years?

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bugshop,

Have you progressed to '02+ yet? I have an '02, and the cupholder is ridiculous. I end up using the one behind the console. I actually wondered if you'd be able to mod one of the center consoles into a dual cupholder? The consoles seem pretty worthless for anything else..:D

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Bugshop,

Have you progressed to '02+ yet? I have an '02, and the cupholder is ridiculous. I end up using the one behind the console. I actually wondered if you'd be able to mod one of the center consoles into a dual cupholder? The consoles seem pretty worthless for anything else..:D
Not so much on the '02 and newer ones.
I need to revisit it though.

I did make a dual one to fit the 1st gen. console but it didn't work out too well. The problem was (at least with the first one) that there isn't room to add a second cup in front and it couldn't go beside or behind without crowding the passenger or seriously restricting the function of the passenger seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmn. I wonder if there's any way to mod the console. It's pretty flimsy as is. (Of course anything held in by one bolt will be)

61 - 80 of 88 Posts