NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat question, couldn't find it anywhere by searching...

One of my cupholders in the front got cracked on the side and thus the little round rubbery thing that was inside that holds the cup firmly in place became loose and fell out, and then got lost. Then, miraculously, yet another one disappeared even though that cup holder isn't cracked at all. I noticed that the old one came out still attached to a cup once, so that probably happened and I threw it out. :rolleyes:

So - can you buy these things anywhere? I thought I would just superglue them in if I could find some more. Every time I put a cup in with a thinner base, it topples out :mad:

·
5/23/10 <3
10,973 Posts
I would check a junkyard if you want one. My back cupholder is broken. I just use my fronts.

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
I dont even use the cup holders on mine. Being a 2001 the cupholders are all but useless except for soda cans. I have a hanging cupholder on my passenger seat. They are normally for usage hanging towards the back but it works pretty well for me. When I have a passenger, I just flip it around to the rear.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would check a junkyard if you want one. My back cupholder is broken. I just use my fronts.
Good idea, didn't think of that!

I dont even use the cup holders on mine. Being a 2001 the cupholders are all but useless except for soda cans. I have a hanging cupholder on my passenger seat. They are normally for usage hanging towards the back but it works pretty well for me. When I have a passenger, I just flip it around to the rear.
Mine is a 2001 as well, but most of the drinks I get usually fit in there, although the straw might have to be bent to do it.. haha :p

·
ElectricHarleyHouseOfLove
1,751 Posts
Mine is a 2001 as well, but most of the drinks I get usually fit in there, although the straw might have to be bent to do it.. haha :p
Heh. I find that the bent straw thing helps keep the cup from falling over, actually. (cracked cupholders and missing inserts = fun!)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh. I find that the bent straw thing helps keep the cup from falling over, actually.
LOL you may be right. I've found with certain cups, you can actually push the straw underneath and INTO the lower part of the dash and it will hold it, although then some of that black icky dash stuff comes off on your straw sometimes :D

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Oh that's no fun. I guess I'll have to hold my drinks or stop eating so much McDonald's ;)

Or invest in something like this:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts