VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am trying to find the fault on my friends car, it is a 2000 beetle and suffers a flat battery overnight. He has replaced the battery and alternator but it still has no power in the morning even after a full charge the previous day. My meter shows a drain of a steady 1.5 amps even with all the fuses pulled from the sockets in the fuse board. Any help or suggestions very welcome, I am not familiar with this car at all but know 1.5 amps is way too much with nothing turned on!
Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
My first thought is Monsoon amp, because that little bugger caused me very similar issues after replacing the headunit. Since you say all of the fuses were pulled, that seems unlikely. Hopefully this video helps steer you in the right direction.

https://youtu.be/lRcj1fQcWwU

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too had a dead battery this morning. Been approx 48 hours since last started. Before that I had driven it everyday since purchasing it a week ago today. The PO said the radio was draining the battery and had the white 25 amp fuse for it pulled when I went to look at the car. We put it back in before heading home with the NB. Going to charge battery when I get home and look for anything obvious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a look over the weekend and let you know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts