NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New custom volkswagen beetle door panels that fit 1998-2010 hard top better than factory made in gray, tan and black.

Fixed the factory problems with these door panels. Made from thick fiberglass So the armrest won't break off.

Door panel pull handle made from this aluminum bar that is bent, cut, drilled, sanded, countersunk, sand blasted, and clear-coated for protection. This handle bolts directly to the steel door plate with 3/8 stainless bolts SO IT WONT BREAK.

Windows switch broke and flopping around in the hole? Fixed it. Custom made retainer to lock in your old broken window switch is included in the packaging. If your window switch is still good just pop it in the factory switch hole provided.

This panel uses the factory mounting holes for easy installation and all hardware is stainless steel or aluminum to provide maximum life.

Manufacturing shop is located in Brooksville FL. and panels ship from there.

Find us on facebook: Willy's Auto Custom and Fabrication
or on facebook: Strong, New Beetle Door Panels 1998-2010
Or email: kschindler2013 at gmail dot com
550 per pair plus shipping, manufactured by order

Proudly hand made in the U.S.A, thank you and God bless!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Wait...wait.....WAIT

Are you telling me, that you're located in my hometown? Brooksville, FL????

WOW!!!!

This is too awesome to me! I grew up on W.P.A. Rd!
HHS Class of '81

This is too cool!!!

Thank you for providing this awesome product to us. I will bang the drum on your product.

I live in Jax, but make it back home to visit Mom. Also, our club, VW Club of FL, holds a monthly meet at Coney Island. Look us up on Facebook...it would be awesome if you could join us for our next meet; And even better if you bring your product for us to see. That way you'll have a lot of folk to promote your product from a first hand experience.

Again, thank you for this. Hope to meet you soon.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
If the quality is high and at the level you, describe and you have addressed the factory weak points, they have the potential to sell well.

Questions: can the stock webbed pocket retainer be installed? Have you made any provision; for the stock retraining clips, to be installed and used?

I recommend; taking and posting more close up photos of your product. The particular areas of interest for perspective buyers: areas you reinforced over stock (door handle/support), hardware included, backside of the switch mounting brackets/holes and a macro of the surface finish of the door panel surfaces smooth arm rest, pebble surface pattern, etc.

Customers, are most likely going to request a matching body color for the arm rest area; like the original panels. Have you decided, if you will offer custom painted panels or just the three colors you listed? Also, are the colors a gel coat or just painted on top of the fiberglass?

Lastly, what type of warranty is there ; if any?

Keep in mind; you are about the third vendor to offer a fiberglass replacement door panel; if you took the time to do a high quality piece, there is a demand for a quality replacement door panel, as most of our door panels are cracking and falling apart.

I look forward to more detailed photos and description of your product; good luck with the sales.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have included pictures of the finish, switch holder, and handle in raw form and after machining, retainer V1 at a higher resolution and included the instructions for installation as well. I will try and get retainer V2 pictures in a few days as it is a much simpler design and I will grab a shot of all the hardware used.

Due to the rigidity of the fiberglass panel there is no need to retain the plastic pins on the back of the factory panel for added adhesion to the door. Three aluminum tabs at the top rest inside the window wiper moulding to secure the top, two bolts secure the center section, and three screws secure the bottom. The panel is rigid.

The finish is uniform. The panels are gel coated twice, once in the mold, and once they are cut and trimmed. To keep production costs down panels are gel coated the base colors only leaving the option to the customer to paint the top section as wanted.

We haven't run across any warranty issues in the last year and a half we have been producing the panels, we have only come across one gentleman that purchased a set thinking they fit a convertible but they don't. When he came a week later we gave him his money back and sold the pair to another customer.

Raw instruction file is in open office format. To open correctly you need open office.
http://www.filedropper.com/beetleinstallinstructions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts