NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Treat your Phatnoise to the mount it deserves. You no longer need to fight to get your cartridge out and your trunk will look as cool as mine.

$40 shipped to you in the US 48.

Paypal is good for me.

Cheers, G
:cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a reason

The gap between the Phatnoise and the bracket at the back serves two purposes. It allows access to that bolt right at the back of the mount, so you can screw it to the car, and it protects the connector.

Thanks for your feedback

G

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Gotcha!
I figured it might have something to do with the mouting...if I decide to get a PhatBox - that will be my mount.:cool:

Are they giving them away yet? (phatboxes) :ha: Seems like they keep lowering the prices.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're coming down

It seems that VW are trying to clear their stock of Phatnoises. They're a fantastic deal at the prices I've seen (around 150 shipped). If you take the plunge, let me know.
Thanks
G

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Really? The best deal I saw was 1stvwparts sellin' em for $119... but that was several months ago. They've since raised they price back up to ~$350... which seems to be the industry norm for the VW price nowadays.

You can find 'em for cheaper on eBay... but I've heard a lot of horror stories from people who have done so. Most of the ones on eBay seem not to include the DMC, PC dock, or the software... and until recently, many of the sellers were rather shady in revealing this information. Besides, by the time you bought the cartridge and the dock, the whole thing turned out not being such a good deal afterall.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not so fantastic

I didn't realise they'd gone back up. They were around 150 when I got mine. Even 1stvwparts were something like 144 by the time you had it shipped. I picked mine up on the Vortex and have been very happy with it. I've also heard some bad things about e-bay PhatBoxes. You've got to be careful. There are a selection of unscrupulous people out there.

....anyway, back to the mounts....they're really quite nice don't you think?! ;)

G

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
masanski said:
Treat your Phatnoise to the mount it deserves. You no longer need to fight to get your cartridge out and your trunk will look as cool as mine.

$40 shipped to you in the US 48.

Paypal is good for me.

Cheers, G
:cool:
ILL TAKE ONE FOR $40 SHIPPED TO CANADA, you can Ship USPS Ground. it should be really cheap. LMK

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Canadians

I'll have to say $45 shipped to Canada. USPS is not cheap to you good folk over there. I have already sent one to Canada and that's the best I can do.

Let me know
Thanks
G

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ninsei said:
does this make more room in the trunk than the stock mount?
Not really. It changes the orientation of the Phatbox, making it possible to get the cartridge out without undoing everything, like you have to on the stock mount. It sits in the same footprint as the stock mount and uses the same bolt holes in the floor. It functions well and it looks good.

Thanks for your interest. G

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
How many you got left? And are there any plans to make another batch?

I'm still a bit interested, but waiting to see if I feel I "need" it. How has your playability been? And how long has it been installed?

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Received mine yesterday, looks just like it does in the photos, hardware was included, and it's a perfect fit! Masanski kept me informed, shipped it out right away, and made the transanction stress free.:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beetlemania said:
How many you got left? And are there any plans to make another batch?

I'm still a bit interested, but waiting to see if I feel I "need" it. How has your playability been? And how long has it been installed?

I have about a dozen left. I'll make more if the demand is there, but I have to get 24 cut at a time to make them a reasonable price, so there has to be serious demand.

"Playability" has been fine. I have over 2000 miles on mine on Michigan roads (i.e. big holes, poor surfaces, lots of bumps) and i've never had a single skip or other problem.

Cheers

G

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I aim to please

IgottaBug! said:
Received mine yesterday, looks just like it does in the photos, hardware was included, and it's a perfect fit! Masanski kept me informed, shipped it out right away, and made the transanction stress free.:bigthumb: :bigthumb:
Thanks Igottabug. Nice to hear that everything is as it should be.

G :)

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
masanski said:
I have about a dozen left. I'll make more if the demand is there, but I have to get 24 cut at a time to make them a reasonable price, so there has to be serious demand.

"Playability" has been fine. I have over 2000 miles on mine on Michigan roads (i.e. big holes, poor surfaces, lots of bumps) and i've never had a single skip or other problem.

Cheers

G
Reach the www.vwvortex.com you will sell enough there. Goodluck and did yu ship mine out yet?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts