VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how are you?

I have a 2008 VW beetle with an unusual engine / gearbox config: 2.0 8V 5 speed manual. I suppose it is the exact same as the first new beetle generation. Sounds strange but that's the engine and gearbox available in Brazil - No turbo or 2.5L.

So, my CV Joint of the driver's side makes click noises when turning. I am in Los Angeles and will go back to Brazil in 30 days, so I'd like to take the opportunity to buy the CV Joint here that is soooo much cheaper.

My question is, what car in America would use the same CV Joint? 1998 Beetle? Jetta / Golf 2.0V 8V?

If you guys could please let me know, I'd really appreciate! Also, I may even buy the clutch altogether :D

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
GKN driveline; is the OEM company for Volkswagen. Obviously, you could get the parts through you local Volkswagen dealer in Brazil but they would be very expensive. I would contact GKN with your: VIN #, engine code, and transmission code. They should be able; to give you the correct part information you need. They offer replacement individual CV joint repair kits, CV replacement boot kits and whole CV axle assemblies.

Contact - Passenger Cars - GKN Land Systems

A GKN dealer; in southern california is: BMA auto parts, after you get the correct information from GKN, you might give them a call and see if they can get what you need.

BMA Auto Parts | Bumper to Bumper since 1978 | Oem auto parts, vw parts, sachs boge, mercedes benz parts, honda auto parts, saab parts

If you are going to buy a oem/stock clutch; I would recommend buying a "rep set" from LUK; they are the oem for Volkswagen and offer affordable clutch kits and even include the dual mass flywheel. You might contact LUK as well; to find the right clutch for your car: (I called their 1800 phone number and their technical support was excellent)!

CONTACT
Schaeffler Group USA Inc.
5370 Wegman Drive
Valley City, OH 44280-9700
Tel. +1 800 274 5001

luk-ina-***[email protected]

BMA could probably get you the clutch set you need; I have found, that amazon.com; has the best prices and even offer free shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MUCH appreciated! Very helpful, thanks!

Where can I find the engine and transmission code? Sorry about that question, but I have to tell my mother the exact location so she can find it :)

Thank you!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts