VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Cyber Green Beetle. Like many other owners the paint has faded over the years.

Has anyone found a way to bring back the original color, without having to repaint the car?

I've heard about paint correction. But I don't know how it works, nor does it seem like a beginners project. Has anyone had any success with this method, or any other, that would bring back the paint color?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The cyber green color is under a clear coat of paint. Once the pigment of the green fades, there is nothing you can do about it. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever. And the paint on our cars takes a beating! Sometimes, even if we take really good care of the finish, the ultraviolet rays still eat up the pigment that is underneath of the shiny part. Just love what you have got, and do your best to take care of it. Or pay about 4 grand to have a nice new paint job done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. As much as I would love to have the car look brand new again, I can't rationalize the cost. The fade will just have to become part of the charm. But who knows, maybe down the road it will make sense to me and I'll make the call then. This has been the best car I've ever owned, original owner with almost 200K miles, and runs like its brand new still!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts