VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on putting the TT 272 camshaft and HD dual valve springs (along with several other mods) in my beetle this summer and I've been wondering if I should keep my stock retainers or if its worth it to buy the TT chromoly spring retainers. I can't find a lot of info on them online. So just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the chromoly valve retainers vs the oem?
I would like to go with the titanium retainers but I don't plan on revving over 7k and they are 130$ a set Plus I have read they should be replaced every 20-30k miles due to wear and as this is my dd that might get to be a little expensive tearing my head down every year to replace the retainers.
Thanks for reading everyone:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the suggestion Billy, I'll give it a try. Do you think I should post in the 1.8t section though? It's a 2.0 and I'll probably get flamed out before anyone answers my question haha:p

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's actually why I've avoided making an account there, I've seen several 2.0 build threads get bashed out. Haha I'll give it a shot though. I agree there's a lot more modifying going on over there and I've seen the build threads you speak of. But I very much like the community going on over here :)

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts