NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it took awhile but I now have number four; thanks to BeetleGirl11.

This photo is after we got back from New Jersey that night.

This one however will require some work to get it running as the timing belt went bad; before I start the tear down I will clean it up and take the "Before" photos; I'm doing a DIY and here is the link for the Cylinder Head Rebuild Project

And the remaining NB family can be found here...

... my First - Valdez ... Traded in for a 2015 TSI Beetle March 2016
... my Second - Dear ... Traded in for a 2014 Fiat 500L in April 2015
... my Third - HiLiter ... Accident in March of 2015, not seriously damaged, but the Insurance Company totaled it.

Attachments

·
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, here are the clean "Before" pictures...

Attachments

·
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it is not going to be ready by Labor Day; shooting for Halloween or before it gets too cold, as I would wait for spring if it takes that long. I really do not like working on cars in the cold.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
The car looks great! And a SILVER one too! So who's going to drive it when it can run?

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Wow, you have a whole dub family! That's awesome! I love silver cars (slightly bias) although, when waxed on a SUPER sunny day...it is hard to see. I think I'll need sunglasses just to look at my car! lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very cool, that is a clean looking beetle for sure. Looks like you do a great job maintaining.

Sadly mine was neglected by a previous owner. She'll be better soon.

·
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool, that is a clean looking beetle for sure. Looks like you do a great job maintaining.

The interior and exterior are in great shape, but the engine rebuild project is still in process; if all goes as expected I might actually get to drive it for Christmas this year.

·
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The interior and exterior are in great shape, but the engine rebuild project is still in process; if all goes as expected I might actually get to drive it for Christmas this year.
Boy, did I Lie! :rolleyes:
Not gonna happen :( for 2015 either ... :banghead:

·
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well here are this pics for the mold outbreak and I am still trying to figure out where the moisture came from, as I cannot find any prior evidence. The car has been in the garage since I traded Valdez in for Rook; which occurred this spring and there was no indications of moisture at that time. I was surprised that the mold had a phosphorescence look in the pics. To ensure that I nip this issue in the bud, I will be taking the seats out of the car and washing the entire interior with a vinegar/distilled water mix and then an alcohol/distilled water mix.

Also, I did find one mouse home in the trunk, but the home owners were not home; which might explain why the rat snake was in the garage.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
11 Participants
billymade
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing