21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
That looks horrible! :(

·
Amateur Professional
99 Posts
That looks scary. On a side note, I parked 'the wife's' Durango next to a yellow 'dub' at West Town mall yesterday on a Christmas shopping run. Until I put a new t-stat in the beetle, I'd rather not take it on a road trip in the frigid air.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow, that is crazy! :mad: Is your garage, a moisture rich, environment?
Not certain if it has made national news, but we are in an "Exceptional Drought" season and like California we have wildfires burning in south-east TN. Just this morning, the weather guy showed the weather radar and said, "... despite what the radar is showing, the rain is evaporating before it reaches the ground, that is how dry the air is around us."

The only thing that I can think of, is the months before I picked up Rook, Cowboy was parked in driveway at that time and it rained heavily for the first few months of this year. Perhaps, there is a sunroof leak, which pooled in the front floor board, where is stayed, and putting Cowboy in the garage was the beginning of the end, so to speak.

I did get the interior (excluding the dash) of the car taken apart this Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend; so now all I have to do is shampoo the carpet. I am clearing space in the garage and putting in a ceiling fan for air circulation, so I can put in a kerosene heater; I will need the carpet to dry thoroughly before I can put the interior back together.

·
Amateur Professional
99 Posts
Not certain if it has made national news, but we are in an "Exceptional Drought" season and like California we have wildfires burning in south-east TN. Just this morning, the weather guy showed the weather radar and said, "... despite what the radar is showing, the rain is evaporating before it reaches the ground, that is how dry the air is around us."

The only thing that I can think of, is the months before I picked up Rook, Cowboy was parked in driveway at that time and it rained heavily for the first few months of this year. Perhaps, there is a sunroof leak, which pooled in the front floor board, where is stayed, and putting Cowboy in the garage was the beginning of the end, so to speak.

I did get the interior (excluding the dash) of the car taken apart this Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend; so now all I have to do is shampoo the carpet. I am clearing space in the garage and putting in a ceiling fan for air circulation, so I can put in a kerosene heater; I will need the carpet to dry thoroughly before I can put the interior back together.
Good luck getting that Beetle back in shape! We've had the same drought here in Northeast TN/SW Virginia and these wildfires are maddeningly frequent now. Hoping the 2" of rain they are calling for will put an end to them.

·
Amateur Professional
99 Posts
We did get some moderate rain in my area last night and I checked Cowboy this morning for wet floorboards and all was dry.
Even a small win is a win, right?

Good luck!

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well had a surprising Easter Dinner this past Sunday. My younger brother offered to pay for the remaining parts that are needed to get this project completed! :crazy:

I am guessing that he is looking for a graduation gift; my niece graduates next year.

So I let him know about the current pitfalls and after TOD we will see how it plays out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
11 Participants
billymade
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing