NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi beetle lovers,

I have had my bug for just over a year now, his name is Dahy (Irish Gaelic for swift / nimble) and I thought it was about time I shared him with you all.

He was my Aunt's car and when she had to sell him on I was delighted to be his second owner. When he came to me he was a well behaved, straight forward, 1.6 petrol, silver, Y reg (2001) beetle.

Now... well you will see for yourself in the pictures! I have made quite a few changes, all on a budget and I hope you will agree he looks pretty awesome now!

List of changes:
  • Offset matt black racing stripes up and over
  • Limo black tints on all rear windows
  • Black 12 spoke hubcabs with VW centres (currently saving up for alloys)
  • Silver and white VW logos on hood an boot
  • 12 inch active Fly sub installed in boot
  • Removed vase and attached an iPhone cradle, wired in a charger and an aux line into the stereo - satnav and good tunes on any journey
Let me know what you think. I have a few more simple mods planned and will upload new pics any time he changes!

Thanks for looking,

Paul

1.jpg

rear.jpeg

side on.jpg

rear & open.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
That's awesome that you kept Dahy in the family! :party:

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Welcome! Dahy is a beauty! I love the racing stripes. He is very handsome. I hope he gives you many years of fun miles and happy smiles. :)

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Welcome to the org!

Cool Bug and nice stripes! I´m looking forward to see more pics ;)

Greetings from Finland :D

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
wow! Paul, that is one fine looking beetle you have.

welcome to the big show, known as the org. we are glad that you found us and even happier that you came with some pics... please keep posting them, and updating us on your beetle journey.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts