NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished doing some tasteful aesthetic modifications to my 1999 2.0 bug. I say tasteful because everything that has been changed was to either OEM spec or plainly to make it seem stand out from the crowd in a non rice way :) Such as white upholstery through ought, 20 inch Factory chrome rims,and 2 small spakers in the rear deck instead of a massive sub woofer just to name a few. But being a full time high school student I have come to realize that maintenance for my car has become increasingly difficult and expensive, (given that the previous owner gave it a pretty hard life) and I am spending much more time searching how to fix the issues; than spending time finishing my car build. That is why I decided to become a part of this forum. In hopes that other mechanically savy people could help me diagnose and build my car the right way.

On a side note sorry if my name offends you. I wasn't really thinking when I made the account name.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Welcome! Start posting up a build thread and we will do our best; to help you diagnose your problems. These cars; keep us all busy fixing them! :)

Got any pics of your car? Please post them up; we would all like to see your New Beetle! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much! Im still trying to figure out how to put the pictures of my car on here hahaha I want to get other peoples opinions on what looks good and what has to go. Also how to fix the couple of inconveniences of my car has such as the transmission. But I think that's part of a different forum lol

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
To post a pic, before you hit the post button, scroll down a little till you see manage attachments. Hit that. Browse thru ur pics, pick one. hit up-load button. it will take a minute. Then hit the post button. dats dat. Were waiting.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
welcome. i liked everything about your car except the vents from autozone on your hood. your headlined is bad-ass.

there are a couple of us on here that know a few things. reach out if you need anything.

-jd

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Does the white dash piece cause blinding glare?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the white dash piece cause blinding glare?
No I sanded is down quite a lot and left the texture quite asperous so when the sun hits it the minute crevasses in the paint don't reflect light back at the driver. Initially it did shine the every single beam of light towards my pwetty litto eyes, because the clear coat was very shiny. But a satin finish really helped tone down the reflection.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts