NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured i better start Daisy Revolution's photo thread as i am starting to do more and more that i want to show! :)

Daisy Revolution is a 2002 Reflex Silver 1.8T Sport. i bought her used 2 years ago and so i think she has all the standard stuff - although i am pretty sure her tint is after market, but i have no idea what percentage - all i know is that is pretty darn dark and you cannot see details of inside the car unless the sunroof is open...

Here she is right after i added her decoration! :)

Well i'm a shoe girl and these are part of the reason i wanted a bug when it was time to shop for a new car (although i did know i wanted one when they first came out with the NB - my 1st car was a '71 Orange Super Beetle and i loved it!)

(sorry the pic is not so good - its the only one i currently have with Daisy's "fancy" shoes - and it was taken with a phone camera)

I have learned tons from this forum and also been inspired to do more for Daisy Revolution! Here is my first mod inspired by the org ...

(i couldn't wait to take the picture and it was night time so i need to take one in the daylight..)

After getting Daisy her 80k service, i realized that i really needed to conserve/preserve the snow tires that were on the daisy wheels, so today i had Daisy's original shoes put back on.

They are not nearly as pretty as the daisy's, and because of this forum i've realized i can spice them up!
Because they are the sport wheel, the insert in each triangle comes out... i plan to paint them... in keeping with my color scheme... i'm thinking of doing the inner part white and then the outer edge & the little "teeth" yellow... lots of hand panting, but i think it would be worth it.

I removed all the inserts tonight - except one :( i think i stripped the allen bolt! :mad: not sure what to do with that....

and all the inserts are currently being washed... i figured since they are a hard plastic - top rack wouldn't hurt! ;)

more pictures & updates to come! :)
~w
ps - so glad i found this forum! but its so gonna get me in trouble!!! ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update on wheel insert - the dishwasher cleaned most of the dirt/grime off, but not completely, so looks like i will still need to do some hand scrubbing - but that's okay... part of the fun of doing mods is knowing you did it yourself! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 down - 19 to go!

the first take 5 wheel insert is currently drying!!

i just had to do one to see how it would turn out - see it for real is so much better than what i pictured! i can't wait to get 5 done and put them on (no bolts) just to see the entire ensemble!

thanks to Jeff (DZLBUG):clap: for the details on the best way to paint the inserts! :cheese:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wonderful detail! can't wait to see them on:)
i can't wait either!! i should have one set finished tonight so i will pop them in (w/o bolts) tomorrow just to see how they look! :D i will wait the full week after the last one is done to make sure the pain is cured before bolting them on, though...

·
Registered
302 Posts
WOW great job on painting those!! I can't wait to see them on! What happend to your daisy wheels? (nevermind, I just read up above where you talked about switching them out! I hope I can get some daisy wheels someday! They're so cute!!)

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
And the quickest way to kill that lovely shine is......

Seriously don't go through those things again or your car will soon look duller than a bad December morning.

Apart from that, nice ride.
I am with you on this. I refuse to take my car through an auto car wash. It's always detailed by hand at home.

·
I don't care.....
786 Posts
I am with you on this. I refuse to take my car through an auto car wash. It's always detailed by hand at home.
At the rick of hijacking i'm right with you on this. All you need is 2 buckets, a decent wash, drying towel and finish off with some quick detailer spray and 2 microfibres.
That will pay for itself within 6 months doing it at home and your car will look better for it.

Not having a go at the op at all, just pointing out the pitfalls.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts