NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
WOW great job on painting those!! I can't wait to see them on! What happend to your daisy wheels? (nevermind, I just read up above where you talked about switching them out! I hope I can get some daisy wheels someday! They're so cute!!)
yeah, im sad my daisy's are but away for the summer, but i am excited about spicing up her original shoes! :D and if you do get the daisy wheels, you can paint the center caps any color (or i'm guessing you might bling them! ;) )

·
Registered
302 Posts
WOW they came out awesome!!!! Great job!! You're right, if I get the daisy's then I'll paint the center purple and put something in the middle of it and surround the outside with stones! LOL! It would cost me a fortune to stone the whole thing! Lord can you imagine the bling in that though?? People would just be blinded!!! :p

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
I must say, those are some of the coolest inserts I've ever seen!!! Never seen anyone use two colors on the inserts. Man...makes me want to get some take-5's now and do that!!! Very nice work! Can't wait to see the rest of the wheels. You SURE you wanna go back to the Daisy's after this??? lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I must say, those are some of the coolest inserts I've ever seen!!! Never seen anyone use two colors on the inserts. Man...makes me want to get some take-5's now and do that!!! Very nice work! Can't wait to see the rest of the wheels. You SURE you wanna go back to the Daisy's after this??? lol
thanks!! I'm really diggin' them... and since the daisy's have the snow tires on them - yeah, pretty sure i will go back.. i'm a grandma when it comes to driving in snow! and the Z rated tired DO NOT HANDLE WELL in snow... but with the daisy's on - i'm good to go!!! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i have half of the wheel inserts completed... should be able to paint 5 more tonight and then the last 5 tomorrow... i know i should wait the full week after finishing the last one for the paint to fully cure before putting them on, but not sure if i will be able to wait that long! ;) although might have to wait - one of the screws (or is it a bolt since it needed an allen wrench to remove?) was stripped and my guy had to hammer the allen wrench in it to get it to come out - so i need a new one... he is supposed to be getting it for me... maybe he can do that this week...

anywho - can't wait for the inserts to be done! many of my friends are asking where the daisy wheels went.

and now after doing the inserts i have an inkling to paint my calipers green (so they are like the stem as the wheels are the flowers! ;) ) But not sure if that's a smart thing as Daisy Rev is my only form of transportation... how long does caliper painting / drying take?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I LOVE what you have done to your Take 5's. That is very unique :D

And the fabric will match really well (I think) ... :D
thanks! :) i'm hoping the fabric has the right shade of yellow :) and the take 5 inserts are almost done! its gonna be hard to wait until next wednesday to put them on though (that will be a week after the last ones are done - for curing purposes... )

·
Registered
302 Posts
I can't wait to see how the wheels look!!! Where are you thinking on putting the fabric? Headliner? I'm scared to death of that job! LOL!! I think it will look really cute in your car!!! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Interior Mods & Shecky the Co-Pilot

just a few shots of the interior paint mods & Shecky my co-pilot.

Shecky is from Vancouver and was given to me by my lil'bro. His name came with him (its on the tag) and i just love it! :) i think a turtle fits well in a beetle - you know - the whole round thing! ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I can't wait to see how the wheels look!!! Where are you thinking on putting the fabric? Headliner? I'm scared to death of that job! LOL!! I think it will look really cute in your car!!! :D
i'm scared to death to do it as well! but the thought has crossed my mind... i just have to wait and see how much i can do without causing Daisy to be out of commission as she's my only transportation! but i think the door would look really sweet with the fabric. And if i take the door panel out, then i can finish painting the handle white

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
i'm scared to death to do it as well! but the thought has crossed my mind... i just have to wait and see how much i can do without causing Daisy to be out of commission as she's my only transportation! but i think the door would look really sweet with the fabric. And if i take the door panel out, then i can finish painting the handle white
I feel the same way. I want to match my door panels to the fabric I used for my cargo cover. I have tons of extra fabric lying around and I'm just waiting for a day when my dad can help me take the doors apart. I'm terrified of ripping it apart myself and breaking something, lol. I don't think I'm going to attempt my roof ... it's too big and with a sunroof I have no idea what to do about that, lol.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I feel the same way. I want to match my door panels to the fabric I used for my cargo cover. I have tons of extra fabric lying around and I'm just waiting for a day when my dad can help me take the doors apart. I'm terrified of ripping it apart myself and breaking something, lol. I don't think I'm going to attempt my roof ... it's too big and with a sunroof I have no idea what to do about that, lol.
i have a sun roof as well, which is part of the reason i am scared to do a head liner! pretty sure that is something i'd need help with!! (not to mention have my Bentley manual come in! its currently back ordered :( so that i know how to remove everything!)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Timing Belt (water pump, tenisoner, etc...) was replaced today @83k miles. glad to finally get that done. i was told (by the mechanic) that sometimes 1.8T can be a PITA & take all day, and other times they are a piece of cake! Well Daisy Rev was a good girl and didn't cause any problems! :D yay! it only took the shop 4 hours.

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
i have a sun roof as well, which is part of the reason i am scared to do a head liner! pretty sure that is something i'd need help with!! (not to mention have my Bentley manual come in! its currently back ordered :( so that i know how to remove everything!)
Yes taking apart my roof really freaks me out.

I'm off on Thursday for Canada Day so I think I might try to see how to take my door panels apart. Not one other Versa owner has taken them apart to put new fabric, so I have no DIY to go by :(

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Timing Belt (water pump, tenisoner, etc...) was replaced today @83k miles. glad to finally get that done. i was told (by the mechanic) that sometimes 1.8T can be a PITA & take all day, and other times they are a piece of cake! Well Daisy Rev was a good girl and didn't cause any problems! :D yay! it only took the shop 4 hours.

4 hours?! I had to drop Probie off in the morning and then pick him up at the end of the day. Glad it went well for them. :) If they did everything right you should be good for the next 100K miles! :)

Can't wait to see the inserts on all the wheels!!! I think it looks great and that fabric would be awesome! Ask HarlequinPixie or Smartchick2009 about the headliner replace with a sunroof. I heard something about having to remove the sunroof glass itself!!! I had thought about it, but my headliner is fine right now...I don't wanna mess with it lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
4 hours?! I had to drop Probie off in the morning and then pick him up at the end of the day. Glad it went well for them. :) If they did everything right you should be good for the next 100K miles! :)

Can't wait to see the inserts on all the wheels!!! I think it looks great and that fabric would be awesome! Ask HarlequinPixie or Smartchick2009 about the headliner replace with a sunroof. I heard something about having to remove the sunroof glass itself!!! I had thought about it, but my headliner is fine right now...I don't wanna mess with it lol
i'm pretty confident in the shop (found them from the tdiclub mechanic list): they had good reviews from a friend of mine who used to work at a parts place, very knowledgeable when i spoke to Loren on the phone & at least two Porsches and three other VWs in the shop

i got the sample of the fabric and i am not sure about it now. the yellow is a little lighter than all the yellow already in/on Daisy. My headliner is fine as well (just a bit dirty in some places) so there is no needto replaced it... we shall see...

thanks guys! :)

21 - 40 of 129 Posts