VW Beetle Forum banner

Daisy Revolution - '02 NB 1.8T Sport

14K views 128 replies 30 participants last post by  Kuplamies 
#1 ·
i figured i better start Daisy Revolution's photo thread as i am starting to do more and more that i want to show! :)

Daisy Revolution is a 2002 Reflex Silver 1.8T Sport. i bought her used 2 years ago and so i think she has all the standard stuff - although i am pretty sure her tint is after market, but i have no idea what percentage - all i know is that is pretty darn dark and you cannot see details of inside the car unless the sunroof is open...

Here she is right after i added her decoration! :)

Well i'm a shoe girl and these are part of the reason i wanted a bug when it was time to shop for a new car (although i did know i wanted one when they first came out with the NB - my 1st car was a '71 Orange Super Beetle and i loved it!)

(sorry the pic is not so good - its the only one i currently have with Daisy's "fancy" shoes - and it was taken with a phone camera)

I have learned tons from this forum and also been inspired to do more for Daisy Revolution! Here is my first mod inspired by the org ...

(i couldn't wait to take the picture and it was night time so i need to take one in the daylight..)

After getting Daisy her 80k service, i realized that i really needed to conserve/preserve the snow tires that were on the daisy wheels, so today i had Daisy's original shoes put back on.

They are not nearly as pretty as the daisy's, and because of this forum i've realized i can spice them up!
Because they are the sport wheel, the insert in each triangle comes out... i plan to paint them... in keeping with my color scheme... i'm thinking of doing the inner part white and then the outer edge & the little "teeth" yellow... lots of hand panting, but i think it would be worth it.

I removed all the inserts tonight - except one :( i think i stripped the allen bolt! :mad: not sure what to do with that....

and all the inserts are currently being washed... i figured since they are a hard plastic - top rack wouldn't hurt! ;)

more pictures & updates to come! :)
~w
ps - so glad i found this forum! but its so gonna get me in trouble!!! ;)

See less See more
#41 ·
today was a good beetle day! not only did i see 8 other nB's within the span of one hour, Daisy Revolution got a bath before getting her custom inserts put on!! :D Then we went for a photo op - and on the way home a lady rolled down her window to tell me she loved my car!! :D

Attachments

#45 ·
I know how that is. I don't let many drive Probie. So when Jim had to test drive Probie after doing the transmission swap. I was :jawdrop: at how awesome my car looked moving....everyone asked if I took pictures of it's first take off and I said "no, I was too stunned to watch it pull away...cause I've never seen that before..." lol

Love the inserts. They look awesome!!! What's next? lol

#46 ·
What's next? lol
i'd like to paint my calipers green (you know, like the flower stems!) but i don't think that's something i can do by myself... i'd also like to do a joey mod, but i'm scared to take apart my only set of head lights, so i need to look at getting another set... i'd also like to have led tail lights.... and i'm sure there are other little pieces inside i can find to paint (plate around sunroof controls/clock & temp sensor housing, etc..) oh - and i need to get a new ambient temmp sensor as mine is completely gone! :eek: just haven't ordered it yet...

#49 ·
For the calipers, I've always painted mine when I have a day off.
I start painting in the morning and then let them dry for an entire day.
I use the Dupli-color Caliper Paint Kit. It comes with the cleaner, paint and a paintbrush. I prefer to use a paintbrush, but some people buy the spray version.

This is what I used.
I purchased it last year, and painted my callipers for the first time last summer. Through the winter they got a huge beating and the paint faded and chipped really badly. So this year I repainted them, and painted my rear drums AND sprayed everything with clear coat (to hopefully prevent the chipping/fading in the winter).

If you can take apart your rims and paint them the way you did, you can certainly paint your calipers! Your rims look incredible! I love the way your Beetle looks :D

#51 ·
This morning a guy outside of Starbucks told me my car looks like an Easter Egg in a field :confused: :werd: uuummm.... thank you? :dunno:

Yesterday we took a drive up to Cave of the Winds - it would have been a really fun drive (up hill & switchback turns) if i hadn't be behind my brother's minivan....

Reasons to love living in Colorado... this view is about 20 minutes from my house :D

Attachments

#52 ·
ha ha, it does kind of look like an Easter egg in a field. I think it's cute! Oh how I miss Colorado. Your pictures make me jealous. I miss Colorado sooooo much! I plan on going to Buena Vista (where I used to live and work) sometime next spring for a little vacation.

#53 ·
affirmation

Sunday while at a stop sign a older man rolled down his window and told me that my rims must have cost a fortune! :D i said no,they are the stock wheels that i painted them myself... he said i did a great job :clap: that just totally made my day! :banana: i made my wheels look expensive! :kult:

#56 ·
Love the flowers!

Hiya I live in New Zealand and have a 1.8 Silver bug and I was wondering where do you get the flower decals for your boot and the side of the car? Just love it you have done an amazing job and the wheels, are they stickers or have you hand painted them? cheers

#57 ·
Hiya I live in New Zealand and have a 1.8 Silver bug and I was wondering where do you get the flower decals for your boot and the side of the car? Just love it you have done an amazing job and the wheels, are they stickers or have you hand painted them? cheers
hiya :) thank you :cool: the decals came from tonyabug - she has an etsy store. the wheel inserts were all hand painted :D it took a while and they are not perfect, but i think they turned out pretty sweet

#59 ·
Thank you :curtsey: a Joey mod is when you paint the inside of the head lights - and i'm guessing its called that because the 1st person to do it was named Joey. i really like what Ray did to his Laura: http://newbeetle.org/forums/664914-post683.html(this post has a good picture of the headlights). I get most of my stuff from online - just do searches for various things. I found my decals when I was originally searching for the Daisy Wheels... and then TonyaBug (who made the decals) also did the VW emblem vinyls. She does great work!
If you need the cargo cover/shelf you can ask people on here who are parting out their bugs & also check a junk yard. I've been meaning to head over to a couple here in town, but haven't made it there yet.
Be warned - this site will make you want to modify your bug!! I first found this site when I was looking for what was involved in an 80k maintenance (so i wouldn't be taken advantage of) and that was in May... since then i've painted my door handles, grab bar ends & the inserts of my take 5's. I've also learned so much about Daisy from this site! I am so glad i found it :D

#64 ·
the steering wheel cover set came in - i like the steering wheel cover (picture to come shortly) but the peddle covers don't fit :( and i am not sure if i like the shifter knob - it does look pretty cheap. The valve covers were gold, so i painted them yellow so they match (and look pretty good!)

Daisy Revolution met an a/c friend at the store yesterday! :cool:

Attachments

#66 ·
i'm thinking there might still be a way to use them, i'll just have to fabricate a way to hold them on - thinking Bryan (the bf) might be able to help me with that. :)

i got another compliment on the take5's yesterday on the way home... gotta love it when people start conversations while waiting at stop lights! :D

#69 · (Edited)
#71 ·
Cool photos :)

and.. if i may add.. a real gem on painting your own badges. Nothing i like more than someone who paints their own ;)

Doesn't take long and the results as you've shown are Stunning :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.