NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Achtung Baby
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a nb tonight in a parking lot and the rims looked like a daisy flower, white petals and a yellow center. I have never seen any like this before, kinda cute!
~Shelly

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I don't like em. I've seen them in person also and IMO they're kinda cheesy. Too cutesy for me. They remind me of the cheap colored hubcaps that you can buy at walmart.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
I don't like em. I've seen them in person also and IMO they're kinda cheesy. Too cutesy for me. They remind me of the cheap colored hubcaps that you can buy at walmart.
I agree on the cheese factor here. Now, what if they we done in chrome or silver? I know they used to make them in silver and i don't remember them looking that bad.

Has anyone seen the teddy bear rims they used to make?? How do THEY look in the NB?

John

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
FineExampl said:
I agree on the cheese factor here. Now, what if they we done in chrome or silver? I know they used to make them in silver and i don't remember them looking that bad.

Has anyone seen the teddy bear rims they used to make?? How do THEY look in the NB?

John
Oh yeah! I've seen them! Not on an NB but I've seen em. I don't think they would look good on anything but a giant baby carriage! :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
:p Well I really like those wheels. They would look great on my beetle. (My bug is kind of cheesy. I LOVE it!!!) Problem is I can't find them anywhere. They used to have them at tirerack but no more. If any one runs across them please post something here. Thanks!:D

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
squish37 said:
:p Well I really like those wheels. They would look great on my beetle. (My bug is kind of cheesy. I LOVE it!!!) Problem is I can't find them anywhere. They used to have them at tirerack but no more. If any one runs across them please post something here. Thanks!:D
Really ?? Well, I have to admit, when FineExampl mentioned them I though it was s joke. But google seems proving me wrong all the time :), so here they are:

http://www.ronalusa.com/wheels/bear.html

now should you buy them we want a picture !!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
:confused: Sorry, I did NOT mean the teddy bear wheels. I am interested in the daisy wheels but I can't find them anymore. I have to admit I am having trouble parting with a lot of money for wheels. They just don't seem to be a real priority for me but I do like the daisys.:D

·
Oh noooooooo!
1,052 Posts
marvins_dad said:
One at the TNBRU last year.
Hey, I know that car, it was at Bugtoberfest a few years ago.:) The daisy rims just aren't my cup of tea. There's a reflex yellow where I live with a set of those. THey also have an entire daisy theme goin' on; daisy wheels, daisy magnets, daisy window stickers, daisy everything.:hurl:

·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
I was looking at those daisy rims for when my wife is driving the car. I work at a remote location so I would swap them off the 1 week a month I am home. They are rather cheesy but my wife loves them. A local dealer told me he saw them on a yellow beetle and thought they were a bit lost on the car. Like they just didn't stand out enough.

I had seen them at tirerack.com too. I gave them a call about the wheels and found out the manufacture is moving their production facilities. They should be available again in late November or December.

·
lovin' veedubbin'
177 Posts
neko said:
Really ?? Well, I have to admit, when FineExampl mentioned them I though it was s joke. But google seems proving me wrong all the time :), so here they are:

http://www.ronalusa.com/wheels/bear.html

now should you buy them we want a picture !!!
OMG - I seriously thought you guys were kidding with the Teddy Bear wheels. I've seen the daisy ones on a yellow NB but never ever the teddybear wheels. I can't even imagine....

I thought the daisy wheels were cute on the yellow NB, it was years ago that I saw it though.....I don't know if I'd like it on any other color.

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Here is a pic of my wifes 2002 double yellow tdi with daisy wheels. She gets comments ever where she goes - I think they look good on the yellow nb.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
ronal bears are 4x100 otherwise i would hunt some down and have them powdercoated like pandas, maybe just maybe could work if the car were slammed

·
Die with your boots on
3,716 Posts
Waaaay back in the day when I first became infatuated with the Bug I was convinced that I'd have these wheels; and they accompanying flower tail light grills. But, now years later, I realize how lame that would be for a manly man such as myself.

·
IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEE!
914 Posts
UFC_Champ_Scott said:
Waaaay back in the day when I first became infatuated with the Bug I was convinced that I'd have these wheels; and they accompanying flower tail light grills. But, now years later, I realize who lame that would be for a manly man such as myself.

lol @ the "manly man" comment

·
Registered
2 Posts
Red Rider said:
Here is a pic of my wifes 2002 double yellow tdi with daisy wheels. She gets comments ever where she goes - I think they look good on the yellow nb.
Your wife has my DREAM bug! Everything about it! *puts as wallpaper* hehehe.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts