VW Beetle Forum banner

Damn car

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  edu01jose 
#1 ·
Please help me out here. I've just discovered a hose not connected to anything and am no sure where it goes. It's the one that comes from the Y thing which has a hose going down to the motor and the other one going straight which converts to a metal tube and later goes down from the back side of the motor around the turbo.

Please help me out here since this may be the leak I've been searching for :mad:

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well that looks like the vacuum T / Check valve for the brake booster.
It should be connected to the top of the intake manifold just to your left.

I also see an unconnected hose barb in the first picture of yours just below your thumb.
That one should have a hose connected to it running down to the PVC valve next to the block a little above and to the right of the oil filter housing.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Subcompact car

K

#4 ·
Well thanks. I will check today. I went to start the car today and yesterday I did the wastegate mod. Once I started the car the car had ubstable idling. Very crazy idling. Once i step on it a little the come bak to idle was also very unstable. I touched the manifold and it was very very hot.

Could this be the wastegate mod? Ir what else?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#5 ·
I would get the car running in top shape before you go doing any more mods...

Sent from my SCH-I405 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.