VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Beatle 1.9 Turbo diesel 2002
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.9 td beatle 2002
My beautiful Betty beatle needs a pressure hose I can't seen to find one anywhere help needed been told to order one from aboard there must be someone out there close by who has one
Please help Betty needs to be free in the world
Wood Floor Flooring Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Electric blue Personal protective equipment

Wood Floor Flooring Wood stain Hardwood

·
Registered
18,614 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
18,614 Posts
vw 1.9L TDI boost hose 1c0145838e

Where are you located? Have you tried your local VW dealers parts dept? eBay and other sources seem to list some.

vw 1.9L TDI boost hose 1c0145838e - Google Search

If you have a tough time finding it; in the UK, here is a shop, that specializes in TDI's and can probably, source you a new hose or "doggie collar" clamp, to fix the leak issue, if the hose won't stay on tight anymore.

Darkside Developments - Performance Diesel Tuning

Another option, is used; there seems to be tons of used parts being sold on the UK new beetle/VW parts groups on Facebook. From what I can tell; parting out older VW's seems to be a favorite past time of VW owners, when they feel the car isn't worth fixing anymore or fails their MOT?

·
Registered
18,614 Posts
That is EXACTLY, what the "doggie collar" clamp repair kit; is for and secures the hose for good! :)

Check out these youtube videos; hopefully, this applies to your particular TDI 1.9L engine? Some people, have made their own; doesn't seem to hard to install or even make one or contact darksidedevelopments.co.uk and they can probably source a new hose or the "doggie collar" repair clamp kit, if you go that route, which would be a permanent solution, as a new hose will eventually do the same thing, again?

vw 1.9L TDI doggie collar clamp - YouTube

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vw 1.9L TDI boost hose 1c0145838e

Where are you located? Have you tried your local VW dealers parts dept? eBay and other sources seem to list some.

vw 1.9L TDI boost hose 1c0145838e - Google Search

If you have a tough time finding it; in the UK, here is a shop, that specializes in TDI's and can probably, source you a new hose or "doggie collar" clamp, to fix the leak issue, if the hose won't stay on tight anymore.

Darkside Developments - Performance Diesel Tuning

Another option, is used; there seems to be tons of used parts being sold on the UK new beetle/VW parts groups on Facebook. From what I can tell; parting out older VW's seems to be a favorite past time of VW owners, when they feel the car isn't worth fixing anymore or fails their MOT?
Ok I live in Farmborough Hampshire
Where would I get a callor

·
Registered
18,614 Posts
Well, it seems you can order them online: (most seem USA based companies or shipping from China on eBay?):

KermaTDI Pumpe Duse Intake Hose/Manifold Connection Fix (BHW) (BHW)

Amazon.com: BEW BHW BRM TDI Boost Hose Manifold Connection Fix : Automotive

volkswagen BEW BHW BRM TDI Boost Hose Manifold Connection Fix united kingdom - Google Search

The other option is to call "Darkside Developments"; a UK based shop, that specializes in VW TDI repair and performance shop. They, most likely, can get you a "doggie collar" clamp repair kit or help you get a new hose, if needed or both.

They are about 3 hours away from you; so, they could probably post, the parts and have them shipped to your house, then, you could install them yourself by following the videos on YouTube or have a local mechanic do it for you?

Farnborough - Bing Maps

Darkside Developments · Address
Unit 1 Carbon Court, Springvale Road, Park Springs, Barnsley S72 7FF

Here is their contact page; looks like, they use email, to communicate with customers.

Contact Us (darksidedevelopments.co.uk)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That looks like the hose to a PD BEW engine. Is yours a PD engine? (Pump Duce) We didn’t get the PD until 2004 here in the states. I would recommend that you install a “doggie collar” I’ve had mine on for about 200k trouble free miles. The “collar” is the least expensive option and probably the most durable lasting fix, even more so than the original clips and nubs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts