Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just purchased...

Hi All-- I just ordered a couple parts at the bugs gogo site (japanese) last night. What a cool site-- and many of the issues with the car have corresponding parts there. Of course the biggest issue is the japanese language for me, but I went to the shipping overseas portion and was able to order.

Note: not affiliated with these folks.

I ordered a center bezel/dash cover, that I will have painted the color of our beetle, and door handle covers, to cover up the awful sticky rubber. I expect I will order other things as well. I'll let everyone know how they go when they arrive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK-- the parts arrived very quickly, and I put the door handle covers on today. They look fantastic. I was expecting cheap plastic, but they seemed to be metal...

I am having the center bezel cover (which fits really well) painted by a body shop to be the color of our car (platinum gray)/

·
Registered
415 Posts
Huge thanks

Thanks Ric for updating this thread even though there hasn’t been much response. I sub’d right away and really appreciate the updates. I’d like to hear more about the international shipping experience. They do seem to have the perfect answers to typical VW interior issues!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
prices and experience.

I don't remember exactly what the prices were, but I did not think they were terrible. What I was able to do was to cancel an order for a new center bezel, and buy instead from this site the bezel cover.

It was much cheaper and easier to buy the cover rather than the new bezel. I was able to get it painted at an autobody shop for cheap and it looks great.

Also, I bought a new interior door handle (anybody want it?) and was going to buy another, but instead bought metallic covers at the japanese site instead. Also a big savings.

The issue, of course is that the interiors of these cars are prone to melting. I think these covers are very economical, if you are trying to fix them, instead of buying new parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh-- here is a picture, (and I don't think it is a great picture), but it shows the work. I replaced all of the rubber around the handle and steering column (pricey), and you can see the bezel cover and the chromey door handle cover I got from bugs go-go. I also got a half dash cover, which I have mixed feelings about, but is still a HUGE improvement on the sticky top of the dash that collected dog hair and dust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one last thing-- the items arrived in absolutely NO time. They were VERY nice to work with.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks for the follow up Ric-Ko! At least we have another viable option to help with the nightmare that is the NB interior!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts