NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had originally planned on painting the dash/trim inside to match the Harvest Moon color of my nb, but no one in my area will touch it with a 10 foot pole! You'd think it had bird flu or something! ha-ha SO...instead I'm thinking of one of the dash kits from TVA in burlwood? Does anyone else have one of these? Do they suck? Or are they worth it? Pics would be nice too! hint hint :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Order some of your body color from paintsratch.com and paint it yourself! I'm doing that over the summer, hopefully.

·
Caliente!
597 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the kind of dash kit you are referring to but I have a red one in my NBC. I like it. I heard a lot of negative comments about how bad the glare would be but I generally wear shades and have not had any glare problems.

Here is a link to my thread that has a photo of the dash kit about half way down the first page.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2958

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
JuggBug said:
I had originally planned on painting the dash/trim inside to match the Harvest Moon color of my nb, but no one in my area will touch it with a 10 foot pole! You'd think it had bird flu or something! ha-ha SO...instead I'm thinking of one of the dash kits from TVA in burlwood? Does anyone else have one of these? Do they suck? Or are they worth it? Pics would be nice too! hint hint :)
If you're looking for the burlwood dash kit, I have one. My wife bought it for me, and it's never been installed. It's very nice looking, but it's not what I wanted, and the company that she bought it from will not return it. So it this something you're looking for, let me know and maybe we can make a deal.
Slugo

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
I was going to mention something about JuggBugg, paint shops, and ten foot poles, but I'll just remain a gentleman. :D
Aura, I would just be careful with the dash kit you do get. There are a buch of plain graphic vinyl ones on the market that don't look too hot. You should probably be looking for the "dash overlay" style, which are preformed pieces that apply with double-sided adhesive. There are tons of finishes like brushed aluminum, carbon fiber, wood etc... Just post pics here and I'm sure someone will let you know if it's worth your time and money.

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh Chris! :wink: Yer killin' me!! lol After seeing everybody's painted dash, I've got to do mine too. I just have to work up the nerve to rip the sucker off and get to it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts