NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is related to the fact that most if not all of us NB owners know about that rubbery plastic coating that goes south in the looks department over time. There are many threads on this site about removing pieces, sanding that stuff off, and repainting them, but has anyone here ever tried to simply cover these parts with an aftermarket dask kit? I ask because while many people here have had great success with awesome-looking restored interiors, the fact is that I suck at painting, and I'd have to pay a body shop to do that for me. So....has anyone opted for a dash kit instead, and if so, how does it look?

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
You looking for a dash kit? I may have a carbon fiber one at work if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this time, I would only consider buying a dash kit if I knew that it would look good. I'd be concerned that the pieces wouldn't necessarily cover up all that rubberized coating, and one would probably end up having to place a dash cover over the top in addition to getting a dash kit, and I wonder if that would look good or, uh, not so good.......

I'm hoping that someone stumbles onto this that has tried that and has pics of the results. The other option would be to see if an interior/trim shop would make a custom kit, depending on cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts