VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been doing work with my stereo so I've had to remove my center dash console. The other day I notice that when I turn my knob to have the air come out of the dash vents, it would only come out of the far right on the passenger side. The knob had weird tension to it that was not usually there. The A/C worked fine at this point, it was just only blowing out one vent if I wanted it on the dash vents.

So today I removed the center dash and I didn't notice anything visually wrong with the knob, so I put it back on and turned on the dash vents and they now all work. Now, however, my A/C no longer works. I checked fuses but that didn't seem to be it, I was hoping it was something so simple. I was going to check them all over once again and the plastic where they connect just to make sure.

Any other common ideas? I've read up on a few but I hadn't came across any threads involving the vent issue then the A/C suddenly not working, so figured I'd ask away before I started taking more things apart.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
blend door

you might have to take things apart again. Maybe your blend door is mixing the hot air with the cold A/C and that's why it seems like the air conditioner is not on. have you patched the blend doors yet? all of these cars have that issue after 8-10 years old car. The levers of these blend doors and A/C selector knobs are underneath towards the bottom, they are yellow and are cable driven, they do break since they are plastic.

note; also when you put the air selector knob to the windshield only I believe it automatically turns off the A/C compressor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts