NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am planing to remove my center dashboard panel where the stereo is located because I want to paint it. I guess it would probably run for 3 weeks. My question is, when removing my aftermarket stereo..do I need to remove the car battery connection first? and Can I use the car/stereo and aircon without this dash panel?

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
100 Posts
With the VW OEM audio head-unit, you just pull the head-unit with the stereo removal tools from the DIN slot. Of course, once you've pulled and subsequently re-installed the audio head-unit, you'll need to enter the radio-code to re-enable the audio head-unit. No need to disconnect any battery connections.

With an after-market audio head-unit, the question largely comes down to one of, "does the audio head-unit use the OEM wiring-harness plugs to attach to the speakers/antenna/etc.?". If the answer is "yes", then it would likely behave like the OEM audio head-unit.

As to being able to use the AC/audio with the center-console cover removed, the AC should be fine (the buttons/switches/etc. will still be in-place). Using the audio system would likely be problematic since the center-console cover provides physical support for the DIN-slot that houses the audio head-unit. :(

Good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

hi again.how would we know that we are using "OEM wiring-harness plugs?" how can we check it? the after market unit is a pioneer with 6 cd changer at the boot. If confirm that we are using the OEM wiring harness, wer do we get the code?? and how do we apply the code? sorry about my ignorance on this :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts