NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2002 Turbo in to the dealer to get the oil changed last week. While I was there the service guy said I was overdue on the regular schedule check up. (quite a bit...I have 90000 miles and never had it looked at)
I declined the 600.oo dollar service and after the oil change, went on my merry way.
During the hours drive home, the CEL came on.
Coincidence?

The reason I have never had the checkup (other than the 600.00) is I had it in under warranty for a broken (recalled) window crank. While replacing this they plugged it in and found a bad catylitic converter and replaced that also.

So back to the question....I have never had trouble with this dealer and as far as I know they have a good rep.

I will purchase the code reader and get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the light has now gone off on its own.
I suspect it realized I was not going to buy into its retoric.
You have to be firm with these beasts.

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
Mine is as stubborn as they come! I have been in an out of the shop for so many little things lately, I guess it's time for a good heart to heart with the little guy...:D

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Heh heh. Glad to hear it went off.

It's weird how that stuff works.

My dealer does a great job. I have no complaints. But EVERYTIME I leave there, within a day or two, I get a CEL. Clear it, and it doesn't come back. This dealership also holds a car show every year. Last year I go to the show (don't even have the car in for service), on the way home, I get a CEL. Clear it, and doesn't come back.

Sometimes I think my car just gets scared when it goes to the doctors.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts