NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Bug-a-Blue in for her 50k service today. It took them about 1 1/2 to finish service. I left the dealership, stopped and filled up the tank (almost empty!), and went to Petco (needed dog food!). When I got out of the car, the lock button on the remote wouldn't work, and I locked the car with the key (all of the other buttons functioned properly). After shopping, I returned to the dealership, and they said they needed all keys in order to diagnose and fix the problem. So, 30 minute round trip to home to pick up other remote and valet key. Other remote working fine except the lock button doesn't lock the car. After waiting at Flow VW another 2 hours, they came back and said the remotes "lost their memory" and had to be re-programmed to the car. Then the Service Advisor begins to walk me over to the Cashier to pay. WHAT?!? They wanted $90.00 to fix the remote problem. After explaining AGAIN to the SA that both remotes were used (and worked OK) in the last 24 hours (even when I locked the car at the dealership the first time I dropped it off), still wouldn't budge on the bill. Spoke to the Service Manager, who explained that nothing they did could have caused the problem. I told him it worked fine when I gave it to you, and it didn't work when you gave it back. After arguing (politely) with him for 10 minutes, he talked to the lead technician in the shop who said there was a very slight possibility that something happened when they were checking the computer codes. He said since I always brought my car to them for service (no choice as most quick oil change places around here won't touch VW's because of the aluminum oil pan/steel drain plug issue), he would waive the charges on the remote problem.

This is the second visit in a row I've had a CRAZY problem after they "serviced" my car. Has this happened to anyone else???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not the same issues, but Keffer VW serviced Hermione for 80K and sent her home. I noticed that she now had an oil leak. Not a drop before servicing. After taking it back and wiating almost another hour, Keffer said that I needed a new oil pan at ~$400. I told them no and they put the plug and compression washer back on, refilled the oil, and I went on my way. She has not shed a drop since! All it needed was a compression washer that the technician probably left off in the first place. Now I am going back to VW South. At least until they tick me off again. Then I hate to say it, but I will probably consider getting rid of Hermione and finding something less troublesome and with better dealers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts