NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought cars, parts, and service from South Motors Volkswagen since my first New Beetle in 2000 and I wouldn't buy anywhere else. South Motors is one of the larger dealers on South Dixie Highway (US-1) in Miami, selling BMWs, MINIs, Hondas, Suzukis, Acuras, Volkswagens, etc. and they're one of the dealers who still haven't gotten the dealership facelift, but what can I say, they've been good to me.

Sales: During the hard years Volkswagen of America has been through since VAG let the US market slip through their fingers, the sales staff was visibly high-pressure, since the sales just weren't coming in, but the atmosphere is noticably more relaxed and low-pressure these days, now that the dealer has the new product they need: the new Jetta, the new Passat, the facelifted New Beetle, and the Touareg, (oh yeah, and the Phaeton, for those customers trading in their BMW 7-Series models at South Motors BMW, who seem to account for all of South Motors' Phaeton sales).

Service: They share their service bays with South Motors Honda, which means that you have to set an appointment in advance, or arrive early unless you want to wait in line. Also, as in many Miami businesses, if you don't speak Spanish, you're going to be at a slight disadvantage.

All in all, I like South Motors Volkswagen and reccommend them.

Note: This does not apply specifically to this dealer, but a bit of advice: With any business, the way you behave directly affects the service experience. In other words, your experience is what you make of it. I've made friends and get "hook ups", not because I'm special, but because I took the time to converse with the sales and service staff, instead of treating them like robots. A little humanity goes a long way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
South Motors Hell

I just came from South Motors VW in Miami Florida and I was treated like garbage.

I spent 6 hours selecting my used VW beetle, negotiating the price, selecting my financing and I even paid for and bound my insurance. Then at the very last second the sales manager decided that he needed to increase the sales price another $495.00 due to "some work he did to the car that was not in the computer". He couldn't even show me a work order or fully explain what he had actually done. He didn't even bother to try and show me what was done to the car. It was an obvious trick. :mad::mad::mad:

This is the worst kind of cheap used car BS. I have never been treated so poorly at any other dealership. This manager didn't even appologise to me. He actually had a smug look on his face and seemed not to care about how he was treating me at all. His salesman who was helping me was about in tears from shock.

South Motors VW in Miami Florida has sharks running the sales floor and I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts