Congrats on gettin' er dun.
NOOOOOWell the congratulations appear to be premature; I have developed a leak on the passenger side :rant2: and it only does it after it has reached normal operating temperature.
So I either I did not fully the seat the water pump before bolting it in or the "new" pump is bad. Tonight I will take it all apart again. :banghead:
Yep, he/she has shown an interest in me and I believe that he/she works for the "Adjustment Bureau"...Man,You have the worst luck. I think Murphy does'nt like you.
Hopefully its something simple and you will be done with this car. I think you would enjoy driving it for a while instead of working on it.
Well after this project you can do your son's car blindfolded and with one hand tied behind your backOK, been driving it since Sunday and there are no leaks and no warning lights; so I would now like to call this project finished.
So my next project is a TB/WP Kit for my son '99 2.0L.
You are right, my problem was where the o-ring seats to the block; it was not smooth. I ran my fingers around the hole surface and could feel what was probably left over o-ring material from the original water pump. After using some very fine sand paper, the new, new pump slid in without any difficulty.Glad to see you are officially now successful..LOL I kinda saw that when I did my water pump this past Fall that there was a design flau in the o-ring or it could leak , so I just took it slow and seated the pump adjusting the screws real slow.I think that if you put some kinds of lube sealant on the o-ring it might help out for next time. Also if you smooth out the hole where the pump go's into it helps out to make the o-ring slide in strait I think- just a few fyi suggestions for the next guy doing his water pump. I am just glad mine didn't leak, not yet atlest. hnoes: It could have happened to any of us.