Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the third monthly photo assignment! Thanks for stopping by! :D

I figured that since we are neck deep in the holiday season, we should try a holiday theme.

Like usual, I will start with an example. I took this just a few minutes ago.

When I think about x-mas, besides family and friends, I think trees, more specifically pine/evergreen trees. My wife ordered a fresh wreath, so that is my example. :cool:

So what do you think of when someone mentions holiday? Beaches? X-mas lights? Or something comepletely different?

I would like to discourage photo's of people though. Yes, I think of kids when holiday is mentioned, but unless you are the childs parent, of have a photo release signed by the childs parent or legal guardian, I'd say lets leave them out. Cool?

Remember, this is not a contest, your photo's will not be critiqued or ridiculed. It's just a way to get out photographing with a subject in mind.

So let's get these shots going! :banana:

Attachments

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: That shouldn't count TJ! You didn't create that specifically for this thread! I saw it in the DIN the other day. :lol: Just kidding! I'm sure you created it with "holiday" in mind, right? ;)

It's all good! :goodjob:

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
jdesigns said:
:lol: That shouldn't count TJ! You didn't create that specifically for this thread! I saw it in the DIN the other day. :lol: Just kidding! I'm sure you created it with "holiday" in mind, right? ;)

It's all good! :goodjob:
Hey, you do read the DIN! I better watch what I say...

Like I said, I'll do better...hmm. Maybe this one. It's from the holidays in the 1950's...my mom and dad just got this car, and it went out in the holiday card...No? Yeah. I need to work on this...

Attachments

·
Focus twice, shoot once
634 Posts
Infrared Christmas Ornament

What else would I enter? This was shot last year. It's a iridescent bubble ornament, one of my favorites.
Maybe I should hand tint this shot. Like I have the time these days:rolleyes:

Blessed Christmas Orgers!:heart:

Attachments

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shutterbug said:
What else would I enter? This was shot last year. It's a iridescent bubble ornament, one of my favorites.
Maybe I should hand tint this shot. Like I have the time these days:rolleyes:

Blessed Christmas Orgers!:heart:
:bowdown: :bowdown: WOW! Gail, that ROCKS! :rockband:

Infrared?? :)

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
I didn't take this photo with this particular assignment in mind. However I did shoot it Thanksgiving day. My Parents best freinds alway set this frog out at Christmas time and as a child I would play with it for hours. To me it reminds me of the Holiday season.. almost as much as a Christmas Tree.

I will of course also shoot somemore photos as the month passes and will post them as I have them. :)

Attachments

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Thats cool Tom! What did the frog have to do with Christmas for them...if you dont mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Thats cool Tom! What did the frog have to do with Christmas for them...if you dont mind me asking?
Ya know.....untill you asked that question... I had never even given that a second thought.. I have no idea what so ever what significance it has to them :confused:

edit

"Because we like it"... haha I guess thats as good a reason as any. :lol:

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Fowvay said:
Ya know.....untill you asked that question... I had never even given that a second thought.. I have no idea what so ever what significance it has to them :confused:
:lol:

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shutterbug said:
Yep,shur is. Us serious infrared addicts call it IR for short. Thanx for the kudos:)

I know what IR is, but there are some that don't. :D So evergreen type trees don't turn white in IR like most foliage? I guess I haven't paid THAT much attention to evergreen IR shots. Hmmmm To me it looks like a slightly over exposed B&W shot. Still, very nice! :D

Cool frog shot Tom! I like the contrasting colors!

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Oh come on people! You ALL can't be that busy, can you? Hehe Just kidding! :jester:

Just a bump for fun! :lol:

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas! Enjoy time with the Family!

This is the last thing you see at warp speed when your course takes you stright into a x-mas tree. It's enough to ruin your day! :lol: :cool:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.