NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife always wanted a Beetle and said one day she wanted one.So after losing her job 2 years ago to Mexico,she had to start over in a new career.She decided to take an LPN course and get her license. I told her if she finished it and got back to work,we could look for a new Beetle for her. Last Thursday,we picked up our 1st Beetle. It's a 99 TDI 5 speed with 86,000 miles. We never owned a VW as we have 2 Grand Cherokees(95 and and 05) so this was a little different.I started looking for a Diesel Bug and located this one about 120 miles away. I feel we got a great deal for $5995.00.Although I was trying to locate a silver,black,red or blue car,this car presented its self. We are currently buying some accessories for it as well as buying a complete timing belt and all the appropriate pieces. We will be parking the Beetle for the winter season and then I can do some scheduled maintenance. We named it Dee-Bug since my wife's name is Dee and it's a Bug...

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

Congratulations to you both for your NB TDI! :clap:

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was extremely pleased with our 1st tank of fuel.We pulled 48.8 mpg out of it and it was about 1/2 highway and 1/2 town driving. We are planning on a nice trip down 476 to Philly this weekend to see our grand daughter in the Children's Hosp so we'll see what we get on a good long haul..

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Glad to have ya aboard this crazy bus of NB love.
Also hoping everything works out for the best with your Granddaughter.:grouphug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice! That's basically brand new. All the TDI's I've seen on this end of PA (had to look up where Loganton was) have 2-300K miles on them. I guess it's good to know they will run that long.
Best of luck with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts