VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it happened, daughter hit a big doe, and deployed the bags of her low mileage 04 vert 50k.... they totaled it...bummer, good news is, she got more than she gave for it and we are picking up it`s replacement Sat. an 03 vert with 27k !!!! thank goodness she was tough to live with without her bug!! ;)

·
439 Posts
Bummer on the loss of one, but congratulations on the new one. The beginning of another adventure!

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
Yep, here's what happened to our 04 TDI with 307K on her.
Car ahead of us hit the deer. lauched it into the air and here's where it hit.
Same result, totaled. Just replaced it with a 2015 Golf TDI.
Still have our 04 NB Turbo convertible though.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Yuck! I hope nobody was in the passenger seat! That would be an unpleasant surprise :hurl:

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
My wife WAS in the passenger seat. Fortunately, when the deer landed, it hit the top roof frame first before coming through the windshield. That softened the impact as it came through the glass. She got smacked on the side of the face pretty good and ended up with a pretty good shiner but thankfully that was the worst of it. I only had a few cuts on my hands from the flying glass. The good thing was we were both wearing glasses and did not get any of the glass in our eyes. But, we combed a good bit of it out of our hair that night.
This was in PA on our way home to NC over Thanksgiving.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Yikes your poor wife! I couldn't imagine having a deer come flying through the windshield like that and landing in my lap :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts