NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through the threads relating to washing and haven't come across anyone mentioning using some type of deionizer system when washing. Has anyone ever used this? I was wondering if it was worth the money or even worked at all.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Deionization, as far as I know, is only used to remove foul odors from interiors. Smoke & Fire Damage Companies use the machines to remove the smoke/burning smell from houses and buildings after fires. Hotels use it to turn a smoked in "non-smoking" room back into a non-smoking room. It removes the odor from drapes, carpet, furniture, clothing, etc. A thread search "deionize" should have pulled up a thread where I discussed this a a way ride a car of cigarette butt odor.

It has to run for hours in a closed up area, and you're not going to run down to Wally World and pick one up for a few bucks. It is very hard on certain types of materials. What were you wanting to do with it/use it for?

MORAV

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw during my search on the internet that deionizing water makes it free from the chemicals and minerals that is dissolved in water and leaves those water spots when water evaporates from the car surface. i was looking for an easier way to keep spots off the car without having to hand dry after washing my car.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I saw during my search on the internet that deionizing water makes it free from the chemicals and minerals that is dissolved in water and leaves those water spots when water evaporates from the car surface. i was looking for an easier way to keep spots off the car without having to hand dry after washing my car.
Do you still get water spots from the water left over after using a chamois?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never found a good chamois that actually dries the car to my liking. they leave fibers on the car and whatever water i miss seems to spot up therefor making me aggrevated that i did all that work to no avai. maybe i need to find the right chamois.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I've never found a good chamois that actually dries the car to my liking. they leave fibers on the car and whatever water i miss seems to spot up therefor making me aggrevated that i did all that work to no avai. maybe i need to find the right chamois.
I've tried natural lambskin, synthetic and those microfiber ones. I seem to favor the synthetic chamois but it still leaves a few traces of water behind. I could see if the water hardness is an issue any water left behind would cause those spots you are getting. I'm going to take a look around the web and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
So far:

1) Natural chamois - leaves residual water (evaporates quickly, leaves no watermarks as droplets are very small)
2) Synthetic chamois - leaves residual water (evaporates quickly, leaves no watermarks as droplets are very small)
3) Microfiber chamois - leaves residual water (evaporates quickly, leaves no watermarks as droplets are very small)

I just bought one of those ShamWow-type chamois' and will let you know how it works out.

I am lazy when I wash my wheels and never dry them unless I'm going to a show. As such I can see the mineral residue (water marks).

So I have a few questions for you (there is method behind my madness)

1) How long does it take you to completely dry your Bug
2) What time of the day do you wash it usually?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts