NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a few comments about deleting threads.

Since we could see (and view) deleted threads as mods, I wanted to see what regular users could/couldn't see.

I signed out and checked those areas. I can still see the thread. The title disappears, and it no longer shows who deleted it. But it does show the user who created the thread, and that the thread was there at one time.

I'm curious to see if a regular user created a thread then deleted it, if a different regular user would then see who deleted it, and if it only hides the "deleted by" person if it was deleted by a mod.

Just not sure how much info we'd like the users to be able to figure out. So just some things to keep in mind for the future.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. And now a note on editing threads.

When you edit a thread, it puts the "Last edited by . . . " message UNDER the signature. So you don't really notice it like you do now, when it puts it above. Well, maybe it's only above now (on the old forums) because we only display the signature on a user's first post on each page.

Anyway, it's kinda nice if we, as mods have to edit a post, so it can kinda go under the radar. But, for a general user, it'd probably be better if it's more obvious to all if they edited a post.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
pdoel said:
Ok. And now a note on editing threads.

When you edit a thread, it puts the "Last edited by . . . " message UNDER the signature. So you don't really notice it like you do now, when it puts it above. Well, maybe it's only above now (on the old forums) because we only display the signature on a user's first post on each page.

Anyway, it's kinda nice if we, as mods have to edit a post, so it can kinda go under the radar. But, for a general user, it'd probably be better if it's more obvious to all if they edited a post.
Good idea. Then they won't see Big Beetle censoring out the anti-VW sentiment.

Bwahahaha! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts