NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Computing Doc
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I love my Final Edition convertible. However, the sales staff didn't tell me much about it before giving me the keys and a figurative slap on the butt to put me on my way. The stuff in the trunk was a real mystery, especially the windscreen. I thought the "ESP" button would make my radio speak Spanish. They told me nothing about how the brakes work, so I thought they were "grabbing" at first. I figured out how to make it smoother and then read in the manual how they work. The XM radio produced the "No Sat" message, which I've learned means that the XM module (in the trunk, I think) is either DOA or misconnected. I couldn't find the iPod connector until I accidently stumbled across it in the glove box. I was always an easy grader, so I'll give the staff a D- for orientation. One salesman told me that the emergency brake had to be on to put the top down. Anyway, I love the car and will learn about it as I go.

·
"SunShine" 01 1.8T 5sp.
1,671 Posts
Sry about the sales staff but feel free to ask questions and someone here will be able to help you out on your new journey.. They have helped me out alot..

·
Registered
444 Posts
HI there! I know our NB's are YEARS apart, but I will tell you this, if it weren't for this site I don't know what I would have done or still do to learn about the NB. Having been a real hands on owner of a vintage '65 VW for 15 years (and still am) , I am use to fixing and doing!
You will do well to get on the forums, ask questions, any questions no matrter how stupid you may think they are. Someone will have the answer. The members on this site are the best.

Welcome and congratulations on your NB! It's a beauty! :D

·
FROSTY
148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the ORG....we love pics. Looking forward to your posts. You'll love the folks here...friendy...and helpful.

Check out my pics if you get a chance...I'm also a NBC owner....2007 Triple White Convertible....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome, We have a NB Final Edition also. We have the hard top. Our sales guy was great, spent about an hour with my wife going over everything. If you have any questions just ask. Our sales guy recommended leave the ESP on all the time, just don't mess with that button once it is on.
What number did you get?

This board loves pictures...please post some.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congratulations. I have a 2009. So sad there will be no more, at least cute ones. I am sorry your salesperson was not helpful. I ask so many questions my guy had no choice but to answer me. Ha. Everyone here can help you with questions! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts