·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just brought this home yesterday, April 7, 2007. Friggin' sweet! :cool:

Details:
  • Candy White exterior
  • Anthracite leather interior
  • Package 2 (Sirius satellite radio, sunroof, top-front leather sport seats, Climatronic, cold-weather package)
  • 17" ClassiX alloys
  • 6-speed DSG transmission
Mods:
  • Monster Mats
  • VAG-Com changes: halogen flash-to-pass on with highbeams, foglights on with highbeams, instrument cluster coded to Great Britain, Coming Home and Leaving Home enabled, closing/opening of windows enabled with keyless remote
  • Euro switch
  • Open foglight grills
  • Brushed aluminum glovebox handle
  • 30% smoked tint
  • Euro rear turn signals (amber)
I'm having way too much fun with this car... :D No name as of yet, I'm going to work on that. It's an utter blast to drive, looking forward to having this ride for a long time.

-Des

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
sweet GTI-congrats, Des! :bigthumb:

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
time for the duh question . . .

"VAG-Com changes: halogen flash-to-pass on with highbeams, foglights on with highbeams, instrument cluster coded to Great Britain, Coming Home and Leaving Home enabled, closing/opening of windows enabled with keyless remote"

pls explain:
flash-to-pass on with highbeams
instrument cluster coded to GB
Coming Home & Leaving Home

sure it a sweet looker!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my99vdub said:
pls explain:
flash-to-pass on with highbeams
The headlights are bi-xenons, and use a shutter mechanism to go between low and high beams. The low beams are the DRLs, and to avoid damaging the shutters by rapid switching from low to high, it uses a halogen light (the inner section) to perform that function. I changed it so the halogen portion comes on with the high-beams to add extra light to the pavement. Also, the foglights can come on with the highbeams now too.

instrument cluster coded to GB
Helps with Euro-spec coding of the car, also gets rid of the nasty chimes. :) Plus, by doing this I can use the turn signal stalk to turn on the lights of one side only (right or left). This is meant for parking on dark streets overnight, to aid other drivers in spotting the car. It's neat.

Coming Home & Leaving Home
All lights come on when I unlock the car, and will turn off after I lock up. :)

sure it a sweet looker!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
scarabY2k said:
Schweet!!

You'll have to bring Candy to the next GTG- We need to have another one soon. OH!, are you coming to the Volkswagens @ the Beach Show this Sunday?
I work Sunday afternoon, but I can definitely swing by in the morning hours before I have to head off.

-Des

·
ACVW Chick
324 Posts
You suck, Des! :p

I'm hoping to trade the Jetta for a GTI in December. You were right in front of our work! (Osteen, right?) If you look to the back of their property, our business is right there. ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
73ladybug said:
You suck, Des! :p

I'm hoping to trade the Jetta for a GTI in December. You were right in front of our work! (Osteen, right?) If you look to the back of their property, our business is right there. ;)
OMG, Ange' is back. I think i'm gonna cry. Seriously, it hasn't been the same without you and Mike here. I think it's just me, Des, and Sarah posting around here. Rob is MIA. It's just not the same.

Looking forward to hanging with you two Sunday. Is Sid coming with you? The wife-unit will love to see her again. Yes, you'll have a fellow wife-unit to talk to. How cool is that?

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
NICE! i was driving in front of a black GTI the other day and i couldn't stop staring at it. very nice des. enjoy!

now how many VWs do you have now? :D

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
I love GTI's. I Love Candy White. I love your Candy White GTI! ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts