NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Julia
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I Just Bought A 2001 New Beetle With 75000km For $11,650canadian. The Beetle Has A 2.0l 4 Cyl. Motor With A 5 Speed Transmission. The Car Is Fully Loaded With A/c Down To Heated Seats. The Car Is In Absolutely Impeccable Condition Both Inside And Out. Now Is There Anything I Should Be Aware Of Before Going Through With The Paper Work? What Are The Major Problems Or Complaints That People Tend To Have With These Cars? Also, Price Wise...did I Get A Good Deal? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

I see that you are in Canada. Did you do a CarFax raport? If the car is clean, and running well, you did good. Big congratulations to you! :party:

You are in the right place to learn all about your new-to-you New Beetle! It will soon be your best friend........ :wink:

Again, Welcome and Congratulations! :clap:

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
I think you got a good deal! The concerns people have are that these cars can be quirky and have little problems that take some time to work out. The plastic water pump impeller and the expensive maintenance to have it changed when it's due is perhaps the biggest concern. It's a good bit cheaper to have it done on the 2.0L engine as opposed to the 1.8 turbo
though.

What color and where are you from in Canada, eh?

Welcome to the org!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey,

Welcome, and I live in Montreal too. Congrats on buying the bug. My best advice aside from having it checked out si to buy it with a VW Certified Pre-Owned Warranty (assuming you are buying it from a VW dealership)(BTW in French they call it Certifie Pur). That way if your Beetle develops some unexpected quirks, VW picks up the tab for 2 years, 40000kms!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
beetleguy said:
Hey,

Welcome, and I live in Montreal too. Congrats on buying the bug. My best advice aside from having it checked out si to buy it with a VW Certified Pre-Owned Warranty (assuming you are buying it from a VW dealership)(BTW in French they call it Certifie Pur). That way if your Beetle develops some unexpected quirks, VW picks up the tab for 2 years, 40000kms!
That warranty totally saved my ass on a lot of big issues.

Me: 1 VW: 0 :D

SMG

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome! I'm a "newby" to the org also. I just bought my 99 Cyber Green NB in April and am still wading through all the great information here. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn here and there seems to always be someone who can help you out with most any question or problem... Enjoy your NB!!! Sounds like you got a good deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts