VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right forum...

I just started a new job and got given a Pacific Pride fuel card. Being a cardlock gas station, they're primarily aimed at big rig truckers. Until now, I've just gone to the local gas station and filled up using the diesel pump.

What do I need to look for here? I saw mysterious things today (I didn't fill up)... #1, #2, S-15, etc.

I know I don't want the dyed diesel, and I know I don't want biodiesel.

Also, there anything unique to the diesel found in interstate truck stops in terms of quality that I need to be wary of?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
#2 Diesel is what is most common at stations. Winter is a mix of #2 and #1. Best thing is to make sure you get diesel at a station that has high turnover so it hasn't been sitting around long. Toptier stations like Marathon or Shell may have diesel with a higher centane rating but it's not always guaranteed. It's always best to add something like Diesel Kleen (silver in summer white in winter) to boost the centane rating as well as add lubrocity.

·
Registered
19 Posts
BioDiesel will have all the lubricity & cleaners needed to help prolong the life of the engine, injection pump, injectors & lift pump. B2 to B20 is a safe choice, 2% biodiesel to 20% biodiesel.

That's what I run in my diesels, smells good while running too!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
That's true but you'll also want to use something like Bio Kleen to kill microbes that will grow in the bio diesel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Microbes only grow if there is water, which properly done bio should have little to none. ULSD #2 should be the only thing available at any commercial station now days.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Go to Wal Mart and pick up a bottle of Power Service....Add some when you top off or fill up....Gray Bottle for warmer weather. The white bottle is for colder climates......I splash in a few ounces each time I buy fuel.....Watch out for these little Mom and Pop's stations. Buy from stations where they sell a lot of diesel....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts