VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody had a problem opening doors to their NBs? both my doors wont easily open. I figured I need to push the door inwards with my weight then operate the handle and this procedure tends to get the job done of opening the doors. this is also an intermittent issue: sometimes the doors open from unlock easily, sometimes it doesn't, and then that's when I do the procedure I detailed above. what seems to be the problem with this door thingy? any quick fixes or repair jobs recommended for this? the car was not involved in any type of accident and the car alarm works fine. its an 01 NB so im not sure if this problem comes with age! :) thanks in advance for all the help

·
Registered
712 Posts
You must have a problem with the adjustment of the small latch cable or buildup of residue in the latch mechanism. The doors do not become difficult to operate with age.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must have a problem with the adjustment of the small latch cable or buildup of residue in the latch mechanism. The doors do not become difficult to operate with age.
Thank you.can this repair job be done at home, or needs dealer service? Is there an instructional video or a step by step guide on how to go about this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same problem om my recently purchased 2001 GLS Coupe. I sprayed WD40 in the door latches and the problem was fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts