VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to disable the power windows? I dont have time to fix the problem and need to drive the car, but with all the rain in the forecast i dont know what to do. The windows keep going down by themselves.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to try it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unplugged the red connector.....windows still work with key on....now what?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i rolled them back up and they are still up....who knows

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The driver door lock actuator is the problem.

You cold probably pull the unloader relay to resolve the issue while the car is parked?

There may be a larger fuse on top of the battery for the power windows that you could unbolt the wire that connects to it?

I have not looked at the wiring close, but there has to be some way to sold this in the short term.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think i fixed it for now.....unplugged the window motor

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Did you have just a single window or all windows open at the same time?

If all windows, then the door latch would be suspect, if just a single window, I would question the window switch, but the window switch should not have power when the car is turned off.

Otherwise there is some other strange problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
both windows....but probably should have mentioned that the door lock is busted. It broke last week when all the problems started.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
If the problem is the actual door lock cylinder, then this should be a relatively easy item to sort out.

The door lock cylinder comes out with removal of a single small screw in the jam.

If the lock spins with the key and does not do anything, something like this is probably what you need - VW Golf Jetta IV Beetle Door Lock Repair Kit Front Left Right from Michigan | eBay

If the door lock cylinder and linkage is good, you will need a new door latch assembly. Much more expensive and difficult to repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts