VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This may be total SPAM and if it is smack my hand and delete this message, I understand.
Also if this is in the wrong place but not illegal feel free to move it to the proper place.

Bit of intro... I joined here a few days ago, just got my 1st VW of any sort, and I'm liking so far... Proper posts in the New Users area and a bit in the 1.8T area... Anywhoo...

I work for a VERY large chain of automotive tire and service centers, I don't want to go into details here but that should be enough for now. Ok apparently the company is trying some sort of viral marketing thing through the email. So here are the details...
If you send me an email to
tires at bubweb period com
with your email in the body (nothing else I don't want to search through crap), whatever you want for the subject, I will add you to this thing. I don't know what the exact deal is but what I remember, next week or perhaps the week after that (today is Jan 21, 2009) you will get an email to print some certificate thing to get "employee pricing" at our stores.
Employee pricing = 35% off list price of tires and (I think) 15% off Service (oil changes, whatever).
Our shops do all service (except Mufflers and Transmissions) to all cars.

Disclosure:
1. I am an employee of this company, but I know jack about cars or tires or auto service so don't ask me, I'm just a computer guy.
2. I don't think I make anything off this, except my year end bonus is based on the companies performance as a whole, so if this goes well I might get an extra percent next year or something :) .
3. I don't know if you will get continuous spam or not so if you are concerned create a Gmail account or hotmail or something, I don't care. (Frankly they probably will send more, otherwise why wouldn't they just advertise damn thing everywhere?)
4. Really I am only doing this as an offer to help you all, I won't see any direct benefit, and I am not trying to be a company shill either.

BUB

P.S. Again sorry if this is considered spam, feel free to take the appropriate measures.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I dug up the propoganda email ;)

Here it is edited to protect the innocent.
Friday, January 23, 2009 – The promotion begins:

An email announcement, containing the You Pay What We Pay link will be sent to all teammates within our organization and to the personal contacts you would like to share in this event. Email recipient can print a personalized sales certificate and also forward the email to their personal contacts. Those receiving the forwarded email can print the sales certificate and again forward the email to their contacts. The reach of this electronic correspondence is endless. Individuals wishing to take advantage of this offer must print and present their personalized sales certificate to the store at the time of sale.

The consumer offer:

• 35% off xxxxxx Tire (Point of Sale Pricing) – Now that is something needs to be shared!
• 15% off Regular or Lowest Advertised Service Price – example: 15% can be taken off balance and stem.

The success of this event is based on the email multiplying effect; the goal is to create an event that infuses stores with excited retail customers eager to take advantage of this offer.
BUB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts