NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like the idea of threaded ... but it doesn't seem to support collapsing and quickly jumping from post to post. Just previous & next. :( to 'quickly jump' you'd have to click on the post and it'll reload, vs. previous & next don't take a reload....

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
I haven't played with the much -- I wonder if the skin I've built totally destroys them? :)

Update: Well, the skin doesn't destroy them, but it does put a funny little gap in the page. I'll have to fix that. Thanks for reminding me to look at them.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
noR said:
I like the idea of threaded ... but it doesn't seem to support collapsing and quickly jumping from post to post. Just previous & next. :( to 'quickly jump' you'd have to click on the post and it'll reload, vs. previous & next don't take a reload....
I've played with them before, but the inability to collapse stuff just drove me nutz...

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
noR said:
Hmm, are you sure? It seems to work for me to go between posts by clicking the post name without a reload. Pretty slick, actually. Might get used to that...

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
CrazyJames said:
I've played with them before, but the inability to collapse stuff just drove me nutz...
You're right...the lack of collapsing does seem to be a major omission. Also, it doesn't look like you can "quick reply" on threaded mode, and I like the quick reply...

Update: Correction -- yes, you CAN quick reply. However, you don't seem to be able to edit in place, which I also like. :)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
If you are running in the Hybrid mode, it will do a reload of the page as you are viewing the post you clicked on, and all posts under it.

In the threaded mode, you only ever view the one post, so it doesnt need to reload the page with additional posts...

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
Update: Correction -- yes, you CAN quick reply. However, you don't seem to be able to edit in place, which I also like. :)
I love to be able to quick reply, not having to leave the thread for another screen is a real bonus..

What I like even better is not having to click on the quick reply button ;)

I have left it that way for now, but mayhaps we might want to think about making it so you dont have to hit the button... I know its just one click.. but I'm laaaaaaaaaazy

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
CrazyJames said:
I love to be able to quick reply, not having to leave the thread for another screen is a real bonus..

What I like even better is not having to click on the quick reply button ;)

I have left it that way for now, but mayhaps we might want to think about making it so you dont have to hit the button... I know its just one click.. but I'm laaaaaaaaaazy
The problem with not requiring the click is that the breaks the other modes. People would likely just do a generic reply, rather than reply to a specific post, which breaks the whole concept of threading...

But you're right...it is more convenient. I could probably go either way on this one.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
The problem with not requiring the click is that the breaks the other modes. People would likely just do a generic reply, rather than reply to a specific post, which breaks the whole concept of threading...

But you're right...it is more convenient. I could probably go either way on this one.
Very True..

I say leave it in the hopes of not breaking threading.

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
noR said:
Anyone playing with the Hybrid or threaded views?
Not me! I used to hang out on Clark Howard's(ATL consumer advocate) message board where the deault view was threaded, and the first thing I did was change it to flat view. The threaded view gave me a bonzer of a headache.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figure I'll give it a try, but I'm not diggin' those much. (threaded needs collapse, that'd change my opinion heavily)

Diggin' it all on normal though, it's pretty slick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts