VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just thought id run something passed all you Beetle experts out there please forgive me if this has been posted before, as we all know the sound of the original Beetle is very distinct but has anyone noticed that the New Beetles also have quite a distinct sound?

When i first got my New Beetle i though the exhaust was blowing but having got it checked the car overall runs sweet.

I have noticed that all the other Beetles in the age catagory up to the Luna (havent heard one of these) seem to sound the same almost as if theyve been manufactured to sound a certain way maybe a nod to the old Beetle?

Hope this doesnt sound ludicris :crazy: but my partner pointed it out to and hes had about 30 different types of car over the years including sports and race cars and hes never heard this particular sound??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got my 2014 Beetle a few weeks ago and one of the things that I liked about it was that engine sound...reminds me of the old air cooled Bugs...maybe it is just in my head but I think it has a distinct sound...my previous two cars also had turbos, one being a 2011 Optima and the other a 2004 SRT-4...neither of them sounded like the new Beetle...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got my 2014 Beetle a few weeks ago and one of the things that I liked about it was that engine sound...reminds me of the old air cooled Bugs...maybe it is just in my head but I think it has a distinct sound...my previous two cars also had turbos, one being a 2011 Optima and the other a 2004 SRT-4...neither of them sounded like the new Beetle...
It may be in our heads but i like it! :)

·
Back in Black
79 Posts
I knew it! It's not just me. It does sound like the old air cooled beetles. I love it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts