VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· RHINO
42 Posts
My ac is suck on hot also. It is 100 degrees here in the summer so i need to fix it now. It started off blowing foam through the dash now it is stuck on hot. Going to try to fix it the way you said. Would bypassing the heater help any?

· RHINO
42 Posts
I was going to disconect the hoses going through the firewall to the heater core and using a copper 90 put them together, that way the hot water never makes it to the core.I have alot of experience with air cooled but i am new to the water cooled vw's

· RHINO
42 Posts
THANKS. I think I got it anyway. When I finally got the time to look under the dash the whole blend door control arm had fallen out. I reached up and put it back and the controls work fine. I know there is a reason why it would fall out so something is still wrong but the heat is out of my face and the ac is working for now.

· RHINO
42 Posts
drove the car around for a little while the problem is only half fixed. I no lomger have hot air in my face but the air is not cold either. It is only slightly cooler then the vent without ac. How big of a job is it to replace the foam that has blown out of the vents. Do I have to take the whole thing apart?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.