VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Blend door stripped?

Ugh, my '03 2.0L GL, 67K miles, just got back from the shop this is the second time the blend door has stuck on full furnace-level heat. Local VW dealer repaired the cable connection about a year ago. That is still good but now they say the blend door is stripped and they want $1900 to disassemble the dash and replace the entire heater box to repair it. Is there any other way to fix it? If it was stuck on the cold side I could probably live with it while save the money for the repair. Can I flip it manually?

· Registered
2 Posts
Blend door hot air problem fixed

Thank you Antonym! Your pictures and notes gave me the guidance I needed to fix the blend door problem on my 2003 2.0L GL. The local dealer in Springfield, VA, wanted $1900+ to do it. It took me five hours and $40 in parts (the new bushing and a pollen filter). Dismantling the dash, removing the glove box and just getting access to it is tough but not impossible if you work carefully. Now the temp control works normally again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.