NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time at newbeetle.org and I'm not sure if this is the place to post this question.

My passenger side tail light was recently cracked and is being inflitrated with water so it needs to be replaced. Since the factory replacement costs $90 plus install fees I was looking at getting some after market tail lights instead.

All the nice looking after market lights I can find for an '02 beetle come from option racing and they are ALL sold out with no ETA as to restocking them any time soon (I've been trying every AM auto parts place I can google and for three months they've all told me "4-6 weeks"). OR they are $250+ LED lights that I can't afford (I can do ~$150 including shipping)

I really like the new model beetle lights for the 06 and newer models (the all red with the white signal light) but can't find information about if they would fit my car and suspect that there have been significant-enough changes between the 05 and 06 models that they won't fit.

Does anyone know if the 06-10 tail lights would fit an 02 beetle? If not, does anyone know of another manufacturer or avenue I might try to find after market lights to spruce up my 02 beetle?

Thanks for any info or advice you can give, I'm nearing my wits' end!

-Karen,
Beetle owner since 2001

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Sorry, no!

'98-'05, '06-'10, they do not interchange. There are probably some here who have used ones for sale to fit your car, or can put up sources for OEM replacements from VW resellers. Caution, buying aftermarket, many do not fit, and or seal properly.

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts